The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

My early taper was way too fast and it was extremely rough.

Now at my snail pace I am living life like I was before Benzos.  I still have a ways to go but I am feeling like my old self.

I have sped up a bit but am still going a slow pace.

JuJuBi

That's the way to do it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to update.  I am still feeling like my old self. I almost feel guilty that my taper is going so well.

I am now free from my middle dose!

I reduced my midday dose down to zip.

It is soooo nice to no longer have to tote that mid day dose around with me.  I am now 7 am and 7 pm.

So very close to being done.

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

I wanted to update.  I am still feeling like my old self. I almost feel guilty that my taper is going so well.

It is soooo nice to no longer have to tote that mid day dose around with me.  I am now 7 am and 7 pm.

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is the way it should be, and can be, with careful, symptoms-based tapering. If only the doctors would help everyone do it.

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

:smitten::thumbsup:    :smitten:

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Hi there! How do I get a compounded prescription? Is that liquid or pills? Do I talk to my Dr and they write a script for it?

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Hi there! How do I get a compounded prescription? Is that liquid or pills? Do I talk to my Dr and they write a script for it?

Yes, your doctor has to write a script and compounding can mean dry or liquid, but it's most often liquid.  Some parts of the world offer tapering strips but aren't available in the US.

Aren't you already on liquid Valium?

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Yes, your doctor has to write a script and compounding can mean dry or liquid, but it's most often liquid.  Some parts of the world offer tapering strips but aren't available in the US.

Oh okay!!

Yes i'm on liquid valium and maybe i'm just going too fast and haven't given it time to build in my system but its just not filling the gaps. I'm feeling interdose just like when I was on ativan. On the other hand i'm thinking will holding too long for it to build up be counterproductive because then its just more to remove FROM my system. Right now my only interdose symptoms are anxiety, palps and a little head pressure. 

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Oh okay!!

Yes i'm on liquid valium and maybe i'm just going too fast and haven't given it time to build in my system but its just not filling the gaps. I'm feeling interdose just like when I was on ativan. On the other hand i'm thinking will holding too long for it to build up be counterproductive because then its just more to remove FROM my system. Right now my only interdose symptoms are anxiety, palps and a little head pressure.

How long did you take to crossover to Valium and did you hold until you were stable once you fully crossed over or did you start reducing right away?

How often are you dosing?

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Oh okay!!

How long did you take to crossover to Valium and did you hold until you were stable once you fully crossed over or did you start reducing right away?

Whew! I made the switch instantly  :-[ and it was brutal. And within a few days was reducing by drip drops, did not wait to stabilize had no idea the crash it would cause. I'm dosing 3x/day

My psych is supposedly "benzo wise" but i'm not so sure now so I just want to go slow as possible as to not cause myself anymore suffering yet it seems every DROP of this liquid is strong.

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Oh okay!!

Whew! I made the switch instantly  :-[ and it was brutal. And within a few days was reducing by drip drops, did not wait to stabilize had no idea the crash it would cause. I'm dosing 3x/day

My psych is supposedly "benzo wise" but i'm not so sure now so I just want to go slow as possible as to not cause myself anymore suffering yet it seems every DROP of this liquid is strong.

So your doctor missed the part about crossing over in stages and you paid the price, lovely!  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s8

What is the concentration of Valium in your solution, do you dilute it?

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

JuJuBi, what were your symptoms like when you were moving too quickly? What made you decide to cut down to a much lower taper rate? Just to see if it would help? I'm having terrible fogs nearly every day after reaching around .375 mg k. I had been doing better before (not great by any means), but it has gotten very tough now. I've started 5%/14 as a dry DMT. I had been moving at 5.5%, 6.1%, and before that, 6.3%, and was at least tolerating it. I'm trying to go slower to see if it helps. No help yet, but I just started the 5% a few days ago.

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

Oh okay!!

So your doctor missed the part about crossing over in stages and you paid the price, lovely!  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s8

What is the concentration of Valium in your solution, do you dilute it?

Yea she missed that part  >:(

It's 5mg/5mL (1mg/1mL) I don't dilute it persay, but I do squirt it in my mouth either with water already in my mouth or I immediately chase it with a good bit of water, I found it burns my throat less that way.

hereforhelp

My early symptoms is a laundry list. some were Heart palpitations to a slow heart beat. head pressure, depression, tinnitus, dizziness, blurred vision, and the worst terrible anxiety, depression, racing thoughts and akathisia. It was one minute at a time. I was close to bed bound.

A good friend with lots of experience in this suggested I try to go as low as 3%. She said she had seen it work well. I have to work so I was willing to try.  It took about 2 months for symptoms to start to ease and 6 months until I was nearly symptom free.  Then it only got better as time went on. I have sped up in the last month but watching things VERY closely.

If I could start over I would spend 2-4 months getting really healthy then go 3%-5% month and live life normally until off.

hereforhelp

My early symptoms is a laundry list. some were Heart palpitations to a slow heart beat. head pressure, depression, tinnitus, dizziness, blurred vision, and the worst terrible anxiety, depression, racing thoughts and akathisia. It was one minute at a time. I was close to bed bound.

A good friend with lots of experience in this suggested I try to go as low as 3%. She said she had seen it work well. I have to work so I was willing to try.  It took about 2 months for symptoms to start to ease and 6 months until I was nearly symptom free.  Then it only got better as time went on. I have sped up in the last month but watching things VERY closely.

If I could start over I would spend 2-4 months getting really healthy then go 3%-5% month and live life normally until off.

Hi JuJuBi,

How do you calculate your cut percentages ? Is there a link you can share to a calculator that does this? I need to slow down but have no idea how much i'm cutting every time.

hereforhelp

Thank you so much for your response, Jujubi. Had you hit tolerance, or had you started having wd symptoms, before you started tapering? It's the reason I knew something was up; I started tapering shortly after my awful discovery.

hereforhelp

Hi JuJuBi,

How do you calculate your cut percentages ? Is there a link you can share to a calculator that does this? I need to slow down but have no idea how much i'm cutting every time.

(current dose / previous dose) * 100 = % current dose of previous dose

[1 - (current dose / previous dose)] * 100 = % cut

hereforhelp

Hi JuJuBi,

The asterisk is for multiplication?

Thank you for helping me with this.

hereforhelp

Hi JuJuBi,

The asterisk is for multiplication?

Thank you for helping me with this.

Yes! You got it! And you're very welcome!

Hi JuJuBi

Did you cut and hold to a certain point before going to liquid?

I would like to go really slow so interested in your 3% rule. Many thank MP

Hereforhelp  no I had not hit tolerance.  I was only on for 4 months before my taper.

Miss Piggy

I was doing cut and hold and found cutting pills to be very stressful.  I also seemed to have worse symptoms right after taking the pill. We thought maybe there was somethin in the pills my system did not like.  My doctor recommended I go to a compound liquid. I did not hold at that point. It was early in my taper and I was still going way too fast. At one point I believe I did 45% in one month.  I hit an really awful wave that lasted 21 days. I held for 10 days at the beginning of the wave and then lowered to the 3%.  From there things gradually improved.

Hugs

JuJuBi

Hereforhelp  no I had not hit tolerance.  I was only on for 4 months before my taper.

I hit tolerance at right around three months, and I wasn't even taking it daily for the first 1.5 months. I'm not sure I can slow to a rate that'll have the results that you had because of this.

Thank you JuJuBi

Do you mean you cut 3% over a month. How much did you reduce by each day?

Sorry if any of my questions are simple!!

Did your doc support the small percentage drop okay? Are you in the uk?

Thank you so much

Miss Piggy

I was doing cut and hold and found cutting pills to be very stressful.  I also seemed to have worse symptoms right after taking the pill. We thought maybe there was somethin in the pills my system did not like.  My doctor recommended I go to a compound liquid. I did not hold at that point. It was early in my taper and I was still going way too fast. At one point I believe I did 45% in one month.  I hit an really awful wave that lasted 21 days. I held for 10 days at the beginning of the wave and then lowered to the 3%.  From there things gradually improved.

Hugs

JuJuBi

Because of my liquid ratio I could not do a daily reduction.  I reduced .001 ever 3-4 days or whatever 3% came to.  My doctor is very supportive of me taking as long as I need to

tHank you J

I will probably have a ton of questions as once all on one benzo I want to take it slow. I have got a bit stuck with fear at the moment so good to hear you are going well.

X

Because of my liquid ratio I could not do a daily reduction.  I reduced .001 ever 3-4 days or whatever 3% came to.  My doctor is very supportive of me taking as long as I need to