The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I cannot say my entire taper was easier.  It's all relative.  It was okay, though.  I had many long windows.  The waves were rough, but I got through.  I walked off on October 29, 2020 at .001 mgs clonazepam.  Basically nothing.  And I have been fine.  It's been 9 weeks now.  I am certain the slow taper all way down to almost 0 is why this has worked for me.  :thumbsup:

Congrats on walking off. I joined this support group, because compared to my first two horrific tapers and reinstatement's, the third was truly the charm, sure it was not without some blips, but it was tolerable...since I knew what horrible could be. I have been off 13 months and 2 wks now, and healing continues, I never had acute thankfully, I was as slow as a 🐢. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

Begood, merry Christmas to you too and to everyone in this group. I am severely kindled and I feel I never stabilize. I have calculated that it might take me 4 years to come off 2 mgs valium. Begood, is that more or less what it took you, or not so slow? And I'm not even sure I'll make it in four year. I pay a lot of attention to investments and I raise a daughter alone. My sanity is absolutely necessary for me. I can't risk it. Thanks for reading.

Hi Val, I know you will make it, it took me almost 5 yrs to come off, and what made it easier for me, I knew that I could not do what I had done the first two tapers and make it, so I was willing to give my journey to my Brain and let it have the time it needed to heal, and I am still healing, and I have accepted that time is the only thing that will bring us back to complete healing. I am doing well, but some blips still, but so much better than before. Trust me, the time goes faster than you think. I am betting on you to one day feel much better. I had to be functional too, and for that I was willing to give up time and go as slow as I needed. Once you accept fully that it can be no other way...you will start to feel better, anyway that is how it happened for me. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot say my entire taper was easier.  It's all relative.  It was okay, though.  I had many long windows.  The waves were rough, but I got through.  I walked off on October 29, 2020 at .001 mgs clonazepam.  Basically nothing.  And I have been fine.  It's been 9 weeks now.  I am certain the slow taper all way down to almost 0 is why this has worked for me.  :thumbsup:

Congrats on walking off. I joined this support group, because compared to my first two horrific tapers and reinstatement's, the third was truly the charm, sure it was not without some blips, but it was tolerable...since I knew what horrible could be. I have been off 13 months and 2 wks now, and healing continues, I never had acute thankfully, I was as slow as a 🐢. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

Begood, merry Christmas to you too and to everyone in this group. I am severely kindled and I feel I never stabilize. I have calculated that it might take me 4 years to come off 2 mgs valium. Begood, is that more or less what it took you, or not so slow? And I'm not even sure I'll make it in four year. I pay a lot of attention to investments and I raise a daughter alone. My sanity is absolutely necessary for me. I can't risk it. Thanks for reading.

Hi Val, I know you will make it, it took me almost 5 yrs to come off, and what made it easier for me, I knew that I could not do what I had done the first two tapers and make it, so I was willing to give my journey to my Brain and let it have the time it needed to heal, and I am still healing, and I have accepted that time is the only thing that will bring us back to complete healing. I am doing well, but some blips still, but so much better than before. Trust me, the time goes faster than you think. I am betting on you to one day feel much better. I had to be functional too, and for that I was willing to give up time and go as slow as I needed. Once you accept fully that it can be no other way...you will start to feel better, anyway that is how it happened for me. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

Your words are so wonderful Begood. That is something I am working on, remembering that it’s OK to give up time to stay functional and ease my way off.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Begood. Your words are so encouraging. It worries me though, that it took you five years to come off 10 mgs, but I'm facing four years to come off 2 mgs (if I'm lucky because I still don't know if my brain will handle future cuts due to the kindling). I wish my doctor hadn't changed me to this generic instead of the valium brand I was taking months ago. The change has felt like a bad cut. I wonder why, but that's what's happened. Anyway, I'll try to keep the faith. I appreciate your help and concern. I'm so glad to see you're still healing. Love, VNM.

Thank you Begood. Your words are so encouraging. It worries me though, that it took you five years to come off 10 mgs, but I'm facing four years to come off 2 mgs (if I'm lucky because I still don't know if my brain will handle future cuts due to the kindling). I wish my doctor hadn't changed me to this generic instead of the valium brand I was taking months ago. The change has felt like a bad cut. I wonder why, but that's what's happened. Anyway, I'll try to keep the faith. I appreciate your help and concern. I'm so glad to see you're still healing. Love, VNM.

Actually I was at 5mg when I started my third taper, my second reinstatement I only went up to 5mg, then I dropped 2.50 mg, I know it was risky, but I was able to do it, that is when I decided to go the rest of the way slow as a 🐢. Just take it one day at a time, you have a lot on your plate, and you are raising a teen during very hard times, your walk off will come. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:😷

Actually I was at 5mg when I started my third taper, my second reinstatement I only went up to 5mg, then I dropped 2.50 mg, I know it was risky, but I was able to do it, that is when I decided to go the rest of the way slow as a 🐢. Just take it one day at a time, you have a lot on your plate, and you are raising a teen during very hard times, your walk off will come. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:😷

Oh, thank you Begood. So it probably took you four years to taper the 2.50. OK I'll try not to stress but as I'm holding and still having sxs, I always wonder if I'll be able to come down. I think the change from brand to generic was a big mistake, but there's no undoing that. I'll hold until I sell an apartment I have which is a very stressful operation for me, and if and when that is over, I'll try to start tapering again. Wishing you and everyone in this group a Happy entry into the New Year.

Oh, thank you Begood. So it probably took you four years to taper the 2.50. OK I'll try not to stress but as I'm holding and still having sxs, I always wonder if I'll be able to come down. I think the change from brand to generic was a big mistake, but there's no undoing that. I'll hold until I sell an apartment I have which is a very stressful operation for me, and if and when that is over, I'll try to start tapering again. Wishing you and everyone in this group a Happy entry into the New Year.

Wishing you a better year too, and stay strong, you will get through this. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:😷

• 4 weeks later...

Researchers in Ireland are collecting stories of how people got off of benzodiazepines. They want to use success stories from BenzoBuddies but need to have permission from the author. Only about 5 people have responded so far. I would like to encourage people to participate. Here's a link to more info:

Research

• 2 weeks later...

When did everyone jump?

I was thinking of jumping at 0.20 mg but had a bit of a setback, just feeling very confused after maybe going too fast this last week.

I don't want to wait, keep going and hope for the best.

• 5 months later...
Hi, TMH! I  hope you take the opportunity to read through this thread's posts. I think most or all of the buddies who posted here have tapered off and no longer visit this thread, but their messages of hope are still very important! :)

Hi, TMH! I  hope you take the opportunity to read through this thread's posts. I think most or all of the buddies who posted here have tapered off and no longer visit this thread, but their messages of hope are still very important! :)

I second what Gardie posted. :smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Yes it’s been 4 months since someone posted. I just thought it may give some troubled soul some hope. I got so much from this thread seems a shame for people to miss out on all the past hope that BB can read and hopefully keep the thread going. I haven’t started my tapper so I can’t contribute my experience, but others can. Not a lot of hope around here. 

Yes it’s been 4 months since someone posted. I just thought it may give some troubled soul some hope. I got so much from this thread seems a shame for people to miss out on all the past hope that BB can read and hopefully keep the thread going. I haven’t started my tapper so I can’t contribute my experience, but others can. Not a lot of hope around here.

Yes, the stories on benzobuddies tend to be sad ones. As you can imagine, the people who have easy tapers don't tend to go looking for help online.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if every doctor was benzo-wise and every person started their taper armed with the knowledge needed to taper successfully with minimal symptoms? That is my dream!

Meanwhile, I hope this thread keeps getting bumped so more people find it. Thanks for the bump! :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
It looks like no one has been on this thread for a while, so I'm bumping it to see if any responses come in. I would love to hear from folks who had/are having an "easier" taper. I'm just starting out and doing ok but looking for some positive stories :). I know it's all very unpredictable, but I like the vibe of this thread.

• 2 months later...

I love your success story :)

Thanks, Strong! Great user name! :smitten:  I hope you do some reading on this thread. It's not very active now, but it has some good info.

Thanks, Strong! Great user name! :smitten:  I hope you do some reading on this thread. It's not very active now, but it has some good info.

Thank you! I was trying to be cool AND positive lol  :laugh: I am definitely combing through and reading, I truly think pple underestimate the importance of sharing positive and success stories !

Thank you! I was trying to be cool AND positive lol  :laugh: I am definitely combing through and reading, I truly think pple underestimate the importance of sharing positive and success stories !

One suggestion I have into  be sure to read the signatures of the people posting. It's helpful to see if they have had a similar medicating experience. Short term vs long term, for example.

One suggestion I have into  be sure to read the signatures of the people posting. It's helpful to see if they have had a similar medicating experience. Short term vs long term, for example.

You are so correct! I let these stories get me scared to follow my taper but i'm a short term prescribed user with no polydruggin (only a direct switch to liquid v for taper) working with a benzo-wise psych who has gotten lots of pple off safely. And to be honest my taper only seems to slow down when I think of a "what if" from a story I read and get nervous. Roughest part for me was the direct switch but since then I feel better the lower I go ! Fingers crossed I can make it all the way with no setbacks!

You are so correct! I let these stories get me scared to follow my taper but i'm a short term prescribed user with no polydruggin (only a direct switch to liquid v for taper) working with a benzo-wise psych who has gotten lots of pple off safely. And to be honest my taper only seems to slow down when I think of a "what if" from a story I read and get nervous. Roughest part for me was the direct switch but since then I feel better the lower I go ! Fingers crossed I can make it all the way with no setbacks!

All those things are in your favor! If you listen to your body and if your doctor lets you set your own pace, there is no reason to have a terrible taper.

All those things are in your favor! If you listen to your body and if your doctor lets you set your own pace, there is no reason to have a terrible taper.

You are so encouraging thank you! I will definitely continue to listen to this body of mine and heal all the way down. This will be so worth it in the end! At times i'm tempted to rush but then I say lets not turn a good thing bad...so I come back to my senses lol

You are so encouraging thank you! I will definitely continue to listen to this body of mine and heal all the way down. This will be so worth it in the end! At times i'm tempted to rush but then I say lets not turn a good thing bad...so I come back to my senses lol

Absolutely!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My early taper was way too fast and it was extremely rough.

Now at my snail pace I am living life like I was before Benzos.  I still have a ways to go but I am feeling like my old self.

I have sped up a bit but am still going a slow pace.

JuJuBi