The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I saw some comments from January, talking about poly drugs, tapering in what order.  As I understand, tapering the benzo first is a good way to go.  Because it’s the hardest one, and the other meds can be helpful in getting off the benzo.  I take gabapentin 300 mgs once daily at night.  I was very resistant, but when my first cuts landed me in panic attacks and emergency, I decided to go along.  I’m glad I did.  It’s eased the way for me.  I did refuse antidepressants as I don’t believe it’s effective for me.  Poly drugged is not my thing.  Here’s what’s helped most of all:  Belief in healing; Belief in my own resilience; Breathing consciously and mindfully every evening before sleep; Turning  off tv and wifi at night; No news or scary media; No coffee sugar gluten;  Eating clean and simple foods; Getting outside and with people; Reading; Making simple goals like painting a room; Going slow and steady; EMDR counselling; Supplements like Vit B, D, magnesium; Exercises to activate my vagus nerve parasympathetic nervous system.  I have titrated now three times in my life.  Honestly, first two times were a cake walk.  I was deceived by that, or wouldn’t have gone for this med again.  Third time has been not as easy although dose was low and same and for shorter time, 6 years after last titrate.  That said, it’s really ok.  The focus on self care and not over focused on the struggles is why.  I think we need to stay focused on positives, see time as our friend in that every day is one closer to full recovery.  Distraction is a gift. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some comments from January, talking about poly drugs, tapering in what order.  As I understand, tapering the benzo first is a good way to go.  Because it’s the hardest one, and the other meds can be helpful in getting off the benzo.  I take gabapentin 300 mgs once daily at night.  I was very resistant, but when my first cuts landed me in panic attacks and emergency, I decided to go along.  I’m glad I did.  It’s eased the way for me.  I did refuse antidepressants as I don’t believe it’s effective for me.  Poly drugged is not my thing.  Here’s what’s helped most of all:  Belief in healing; Belief in my own resilience; Breathing consciously and mindfully every evening before sleep; Turning  off tv and wifi at night; No news or scary media; No coffee sugar gluten;  Eating clean and simple foods; Getting outside and with people; Reading; Making simple goals like painting a room; Going slow and steady; EMDR counselling; Supplements like Vit B, D, magnesium; Exercises to activate my vagus nerve parasympathetic nervous system.  I have titrated now three times in my life.  Honestly, first two times were a cake walk.  I was deceived by that, or wouldn’t have gone for this med again.  Third time has been not as easy although dose was low and same and for shorter time, 6 years after last titrate.  That said, it’s really ok.  The focus on self care and not over focused on the struggles is why.  I think we need to stay focused on positives, see time as our friend in that every day is one closer to full recovery.  Distraction is a gift.

Such a lovely post with so much wisdom. I also benefited from EMDR and am currently doing DBT and mindfulness practice to build up my tool kit. It can be challenging to focus on the good, but we really have to if we want to ease the process some.

Wow, so many Buddies celebrating successes!

Gardie, BG, OliveKitty, Mary...did I see something from Cant earlier? So glad we are getting stronger.  :smitten:

Gwinna

Gardie, BG, OliveKitty, Mary...did I see something from Cant earlier? So glad we are getting stronger.  :smitten:

Gwinna

How are you doing? I know you went back to work and have a new Apt. It is so nice not having to swish and rinse anymore and not have to worry about getting a script. 💚 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Gwinna

Yes, Cant wants to jump on dirt bike ;). We are trying to discourage  :laugh: :laugh:

I saw some comments from January, talking about poly drugs, tapering in what order.  As I understand, tapering the benzo first is a good way to go.  Because it’s the hardest one, and the other meds can be helpful in getting off the benzo.  I take gabapentin 300 mgs once daily at night.  I was very resistant, but when my first cuts landed me in panic attacks and emergency, I decided to go along.  I’m glad I did.  It’s eased the way for me.  I did refuse antidepressants as I don’t believe it’s effective for me.  Poly drugged is not my thing.  Here’s what’s helped most of all:  Belief in healing; Belief in my own resilience; Breathing consciously and mindfully every evening before sleep; Turning  off tv and wifi at night; No news or scary media; No coffee sugar gluten;  Eating clean and simple foods; Getting outside and with people; Reading; Making simple goals like painting a room; Going slow and steady; EMDR counselling; Supplements like Vit B, D, magnesium; Exercises to activate my vagus nerve parasympathetic nervous system.  I have titrated now three times in my life.  Honestly, first two times were a cake walk.  I was deceived by that, or wouldn’t have gone for this med again.  Third time has been not as easy although dose was low and same and for shorter time, 6 years after last titrate.  That said, it’s really ok. The focus on self care and not over focused on the struggles is why.  I think we need to stay focused on positives, see time as our friend in that every day is one closer to full recovery.  Distraction is a gift.

Summed up perfectly! :)

Gwinna

Good to see you, Gwinna.  :smitten:

Gwinna

Thanks Gwinna! 🥰

I’m so happy to say that I feel good!  I had a mini wave this morning after a poor sleep.  But it’s over.  I did all the self care practices and they were effective.  I’m certain I’m healing and I’ll complete this taper by summer.  I’m grateful for the healing!

I’m so happy to say that I feel good!  I had a mini wave this morning after a poor sleep.  But it’s over.  I did all the self care practices and they were effective.  I’m certain I’m healing and I’ll complete this taper by summer.  I’m grateful for the healing!

Fantastic!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yay!  Last night I chose to taper a bit more.  I’m down 10%, to .112 mg clonazepam.  I know it’s the first day, but I slept well.  A bit less than usual, but enough.  This morning I did a 15 minute meditation.  I’m looking forward to my day.  I feel that I am leading my recovery, and not a victim of it.  Mindset is so important. 

Yay!  Last night I chose to taper a bit more.  I’m down 10%, to .112 mg clonazepam.  I know it’s the first day, but I slept well.  A bit less than usual, but enough.  This morning I did a 15 minute meditation.  I’m looking forward to my day.  I feel that I am leading my recovery, and not a victim of it.  Mindset is so important.

Thanks for sharing these updates. You are setting a good example with your self care and your symptoms-based tapering. :thumbsup::smitten:

Yay!  Last night I chose to taper a bit more.  I’m down 10%, to .112 mg clonazepam.  I know it’s the first day, but I slept well.  A bit less than usual, but enough.  This morning I did a 15 minute meditation.  "I’m looking forward to my day.  I feel that I am leading my recovery, and not a victim of it.  Mindset is so important".

Happy for you, and wonderful thoughts you posted, and if you keep that thinking, you will do well, no matter what comes up. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi begood

Thank you!  How are you doing since full stop in November?

I am doing pretty good, very minor mini blips once in a great while. Gardner is off too, we have had a good amt of buddies here walk off. :smitten:

This whole day has been great!  No struggle at all.  Yay!!  Thanks for the kudos here.  I’m grateful 🤗.

You are doing a great job of reaching out to others here at BB, keep up the good work. I found that giving to others is Priceless. :thumbsup::smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all

Thanks begood 🙂

I’m down to .088 mgs clonazepam now.  I’m tapering 10% each 10 days.  I’m having no problem at all!  At most, some sleep disruption.  Not serious.  A few nightmares and staying awake a bit late.  But I do sleep and it’s not persistent.  A bit of tinnitus, though it’s not a big deal.  It goes within seconds.  My next cut is April 20 to .075 mgs.  My dr is supportive of my taper plan.  I’m so excited to be getting to the bottom of this soon, and I think by end of May 🙂

I hope everyone is doing well!! 

Hey all

Thanks begood 🙂

I’m down to .088 mgs clonazepam now.  I’m tapering 10% each 10 days.  I’m having no problem at all!  At most, some sleep disruption.  Not serious.  A few nightmares and staying awake a bit late.  But I do sleep and it’s not persistent.  A bit of tinnitus, though it’s not a big deal.  It goes within seconds.  My next cut is April 20 to .075 mgs.  My dr is supportive of my taper plan.  I’m so excited to be getting to the bottom of this soon, and I think by end of May 🙂

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey all

Thanks begood 🙂

Great that things are going so well, stay strong and stay safe. I am 5 months off and doing well. Peace and Healing. :smitten:

It looks like people are doing good here. I think found the right amount to taper. I'm dry cutting so it's a little harder to get the correct ratio but I found about 5% every two weeks pretty smooth. Day 7 is the hardest but by the next day I feel better. I am 1.3mg v so I still have a ways to go.

You guys inspire me and make it so it's not so scary.

It looks like people are doing good here. I think found the right amount to taper. I'm dry cutting so it's a little harder to get the correct ratio but I found about 5% every two weeks pretty smooth. Day 7 is the hardest but by the next day I feel better. I am 1.3mg v so I still have a ways to go.

You guys inspire me and make it so it's not so scary.

It sounds like you are figuring out what tapering pattern works for you and taking it slowly. You've got this! :thumbsup: