Author Topic: The Easier Taper Support Group  (Read 95546 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Easier Taper Support Group
« Reply #2070 on: May 02, 2022, 01:44:20 am »
Hi, [...]! I  [...] you take the opportunity to read through this thread's posts. I think most or all of the buddies who posted here have tapered off and no longer visit this thread, but their messages of [...] are still very important! :)

I love your success story :)

Thanks, Strong! Great user name! :smitten:  I [...] you do some reading on this thread. It's not very active now, but it has some good info.

Thank you! I was trying to be cool AND positive lol  :laugh: I am definitely combing through and reading, I truly think pple underestimate the importance of sharing positive and success stories !

One suggestion I have into  be sure to read the signatures of the people posting. It's helpful to see if they have had a similar medicating experience. Short term vs long term, for example.

You are so correct! I let these stories get me scared to follow my taper but i'm a short term prescribed user with no polydruggin (only a direct switch to liquid v for taper) working with a benzo-wise psych who has gotten lots of pple off safely. And to be honest my taper only seems to slow down when I think of a "what if" from a story I read and get nervous. Roughest part for me was the direct switch but since then I feel better the lower I go ! Fingers crossed I can make it all the way with no setbacks!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2071 on: May 02, 2022, 01:58:59 am »
Hi, [...]! I  [...] you take the opportunity to read through this thread's posts. I think most or all of the buddies who posted here have tapered off and no longer visit this thread, but their messages of [...] are still very important! :)

Thanks, Strong! Great user name! :smitten:  I [...] you do some reading on this thread. It's not very active now, but it has some good info.

Thank you! I was trying to be cool AND positive lol  :laugh: I am definitely combing through and reading, I truly think pple underestimate the importance of sharing positive and success stories !

One suggestion I have into  be sure to read the signatures of the people posting. It's helpful to see if they have had a similar medicating experience. Short term vs long term, for example.

You are so correct! I let these stories get me scared to follow my taper but i'm a short term prescribed user with no polydruggin (only a direct switch to liquid v for taper) working with a benzo-wise psych who has gotten lots of pple off safely. And to be honest my taper only seems to slow down when I think of a "what if" from a story I read and get nervous. Roughest part for me was the direct switch but since then I feel better the lower I go ! Fingers crossed I can make it all the way with no setbacks!

All those things are in your favor! If you listen to your body and if your doctor lets you set your own pace, there is no reason to have a terrible taper.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2072 on: May 02, 2022, 03:05:52 am »

All those things are in your favor! If you listen to your body and if your doctor lets you set your own pace, there is no reason to have a terrible taper.

You are so encouraging thank you! I will definitely continue to listen to this body of mine and heal all the way down. This will be so worth it in the end! At times i'm tempted to rush but then I say lets not turn a good thing bad...so I come back to my senses lol

[Buddie]

« Reply #2073 on: May 02, 2022, 10:51:58 am »

You are so encouraging thank you! I will definitely continue to listen to this body of mine and heal all the way down. This will be so worth it in the end! At times i'm tempted to rush but then I say lets not turn a good thing bad...so I come back to my senses lol

Absolutely!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2074 on: May 03, 2022, 09:50:11 pm »
My early taper was way too fast and it was extremely rough.
Now at my snail pace I am living life like I was before Benzos.  I still have a ways to go but I am feeling like my old self.

I have sped up a bit but am still going a slow pace.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2075 on: May 03, 2022, 10:03:59 pm »
My early taper was way too fast and it was extremely rough.
Now at my snail pace I am living life like I was before Benzos.  I still have a ways to go but I am feeling like my old self.

I have sped up a bit but am still going a slow pace.

[...]

That's the way to do it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2076 on: May 25, 2022, 06:21:15 pm »
I wanted to update.  I am still feeling like my old self. I almost feel guilty that my taper is going so well.
I am now free from my middle dose!
I reduced my midday dose down to zip.
It is soooo nice to no longer have to tote that mid day dose around with me.  I am now 7 am and 7 pm.
So very close to being done.

Hugs to all

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2077 on: May 25, 2022, 06:50:51 pm »
I wanted to update.  I am still feeling like my old self. I almost feel guilty that my taper is going so well.
It is soooo nice to no longer have to tote that mid day dose around with me.  I am now 7 am and 7 pm.

Hugs to all

[...]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is the way it should be, and can be, with careful, symptoms-based tapering. If only the doctors would help everyone do it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2078 on: May 25, 2022, 08:56:35 pm »

Hugs to all

[...]
:smitten: :thumbsup:    :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2079 on: May 25, 2022, 09:43:34 pm »

Hugs to all

[...]

Hi there! How do I get a compounded prescription? Is that liquid or pills? Do I talk to my Dr and they write a script for it?