Author Topic: The Easier Taper Support Group  (Read 74769 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Easier Taper Support Group
« Reply #2040 on: October 11, 2020, 01:34:23 pm »
Hi everyone. I [...] all your brains are healing steadily.

I had a bad taper crash in June 2019 and after that updosed and held for 7/9 months. Then I started tapering 0.10 a month for four months. Then in July I stopped due to too many sxs. I also switched to a different brand of diazepam in July and that didn't help. Holding at 2.10 mgs. I feel improvement every month but very very slow. I don't want to hold forever. My life is very very stressful. I have a lot of responsibility and very little help. What I mean is, I need to be functional and can't risk disabling sxs again.

My question goes mainly to [...] and [...] as you two had bad tapering crashes, [...] held and [...] updosed, and after a while you started tapering again. Would you start a slow taper in spite of still having sxs or would you keep holding? You know we all fear holding because we could be cut off from these meds some day right?

My sxs: anxiety but a lot of it is due to my CPTSD and my own life situation, and then the dizziness in the evenings, insomnia (waking up too early), but this I had before benzos so I guess it's [...] me. Main symptom: my brain gets all worked up and agitated many days. Sometimes after a lot of stress and sometimes out of the blue (waves). Of course the impending doom comes and goes but I'm not sure how much of that is due to my life situation and the economy's prognosis.

Any ideas? My psych dr says don't taper until you have no sxs but I think my summer of 2019 caused so much glutamate damage that I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Hi Val, this is what I found out when I was tapering that we have to take a chance and try to go forward, it is all a wait and see thing. I will say that when I had been holding for two months, my Brain started riling against me, and I decided to taper, but only a very small amt per month and then I held for one month...on and on, but I was able to be functional. So what I think is try to taper a very small amt for a week, then hold for a month and see how you do. Sometimes the Brain lets us know it is time to move on, and yes we have to decide what is best, but not trying can also be limiting to tapering. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Dear [...], thanks for your quick answer. It's very enlightening. I have read [...]'s Propaganda about a thousand times now, and for me it's proven to be true that the more I hold, the better I feel. But it's also true that I can't hold forever. The past two months were bad symptom wise, but now I'm starting to have more windows. Well, not really windows, I hardly ever feel that good, but I have more days with tolerable sxs. I fell that what's best is to keep waiting one more month, but last night I almost cut the 0.10 off my 2.10 dose. But I said, "No, wait". I have some stressful events coming up so I should better wait a bit more till they're over. But [...], you say you had blips, and I have these episodes like there was someone moving stuff inside my head, or turning a big key inside my head, and that makes me think I'm not ready to taper. There's no way to be sure of what to do  ???
Yes if you have more windows, please hold. When you start to cut again, do the 0.10mg in 10 days, it will be a tiny cut each day, but not hit as bad, that is what I did when I was tapering and then held for a month, it worked well and I was able to adjust to the cuts. :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2041 on: October 11, 2020, 01:38:46 pm »
Thank you [...]. You mean if I am still feeling I'm gradually improving, it would be wise to keep holding? That's what I feel too, but I'm scared of holding and never coming off. Between a wall and a hard place. I know you guys to the daily microtaper but I'm not doing that. I'll [...] cut 0.10 and hold for a month or two. I can't be calculating all that stuff seriously. [...] the thought of it puts me in a wave. Cut and hold is fine for me. I'm fine with the sxs. The problem was the crash in 2019 and all the glutamate damage. Now I can't tell what's withdrawal and what's glutamate damage that has never healed after that crash 16 months ago.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2042 on: October 11, 2020, 01:54:32 pm »
Thank you [...]. You mean if I am still feeling I'm gradually improving, it would be wise to keep holding? That's what I feel too, but I'm scared of holding and never coming off. Between a wall and a hard place. I know you guys to the daily microtaper but I'm not doing that. I'll [...] cut 0.10 and hold for a month or two. I can't be calculating all that stuff seriously. [...] the thought of it puts me in a wave. Cut and hold is fine for me. I'm fine with the sxs. The problem was the crash in 2019 and all the glutamate damage. Now I can't tell what's withdrawal and what's glutamate damage that has never healed after that crash 16 months ago.
If it is getting better and you are having windows, yes hold until you feel ready. Of course do it the best way for you concerning your taper. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2043 on: October 11, 2020, 02:00:38 pm »
Thank you [...] 🤗🐢🐌🥀

[Buddie]

« Reply #2044 on: October 11, 2020, 02:02:32 pm »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2045 on: December 03, 2020, 11:27:46 pm »
I have three days left before my planned jump date. I did a cut and hold only at the beginning of this journey that I started on 7/20. Then I switched to a daily taper. I did a linear taper reducing .125mg every 21 days. Today Iím weighing out .007g of the powder for morning and at night. Itís so little powder now. I realized today that I donít need another refill. Thatís kinda huge for me. The mental work I used to spend on always ensuring that I had another refill coming.

I feel a little guilty that it hasnít been rougher. I wonder why it hasnít been so bad. I wonder if all the recreational drugs I did 20 years ago somehow changed my brain. I also wonder what life will be like after I jump. Iím hoping it wonít be too bad. The goal was to be off K by Xmas (as a present to myself) and it looks like Iíll make it. I gave myself buffer time to hold when symptoms would be bad but they were never bad enough for me to stop reducing each day.

Whatís funny (and a little anxiety inducing) about this timing is that my mom is coming to stay with me for a week. Timing wise it works out to be right after I jump. She doesnít know about my life with K. No one does....except you all. Grin.

I felt compelled to share not to irritate those who are having a rough time. Maybe [...] to show that it isnít always so bad. At least, this is how Iím feeling right now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2046 on: December 03, 2020, 11:51:13 pm »
I have three days left before my planned jump date. I did a cut and hold only at the beginning of this journey that I started on 7/20. Then I switched to a daily taper. I did a linear taper reducing .125mg every 21 days. Today Iím weighing out .007g of the powder for morning and at night. Itís so little powder now. I realized today that I donít need another refill. Thatís kinda huge for me. The mental work I used to spend on always ensuring that I had another refill coming.

I feel a little guilty that it hasnít been rougher. I wonder why it hasnít been so bad. I wonder if all the recreational drugs I did 20 years ago somehow changed my brain. I also wonder what life will be like after I jump. Iím hoping it wonít be too bad. The goal was to be off K by Xmas (as a present to myself) and it looks like Iíll make it. I gave myself buffer time to hold when symptoms would be bad but they were never bad enough for me to stop reducing each day.

Whatís funny (and a little anxiety inducing) about this timing is that my mom is coming to stay with me for a week. Timing wise it works out to be right after I jump. She doesnít know about my life with K. No one does....except you all. Grin.

I felt compelled to share not to irritate those who are having a rough time. Maybe [...] to show that it isnít always so bad. At least, this is how Iím feeling right now.
Glad you are nearing the end of your taper, sounds like you had a plan and did well. Do not feel guilty about it not being too bad, everyone is different, and continue with your good attitude. I found after I walked off, it felt pretty much like a cut, and I was blessed to have only blips. But healing happens, but it takes time for all the wheels in our brain to work properly, so I deal with things as they come and know that whatever I have now, is [...] the brain fine tuning. I felt the same way when I was at the end of my taper, such a small amt, but I stuck to my plan and walked off at 0 and I am thankful that my third and last try worked so well. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

[Buddie]

« Reply #2047 on: December 04, 2020, 04:42:07 am »

Congratulations! It's great that you had a smooth taper. I'm glad you shared. It gives people [...]! :thumbsup: