Author Topic: The Easier Taper Support Group  (Read 76494 times)

[Buddie]

Re: has anyone at all had an easy taper??
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:11 pm »
I have had a very easy taper. [...] now at 8 months in I am [...] itching to jump and am getting a little nervous about that last cut. But I have gone slow and smoothe and all is well. You can do this!!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 10:19:56 pm »
Finally a post that has some positive aspects. I [...] started my direct taper off 5 months use of Xanax in mid-July and in comparison to others, I think it has gone pretty well.  Nausea, anxiety, and lack of motivation (probably due to not feeling physically well) are my primary sxs. The frustrating part for me has been the non-linear nature of the recovery process. For example, I made a cut on Sat and felt really good up to today when the w/d sxs are back. I've read a lot about windows and waves and know that this is fairly normal but the waves do bring me down after a 3 day window.  I came to BB because there [...] isn't enough info out there about how to safely discontinue using benzos and most docs are clueless. Even rehabs don't really know how to help those of us who don't need a 12-step program to recover.   I do try to limit my time on any website as it does scare me and leaves me less confident in my ability to move forward without fear.  Keep posting those positive stories!!!  We need them.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
I am and have been doing fine but I am at month 30 now, so it's starting to get really annoying. I think I'll be here until I retire. I doubt I could handle 30 months feeling like crap.
[...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 10:57:16 pm »
[...] yesteday I was on a thread of BB'ers who actually felt better towards the end of their taper than
when they began. And so jumping becomes a non-event. I [...] mine goes like that.
I found that larger cuts for at the beginning were easy, but I over-did it, and had to ease off.
good luck,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 11:30:52 pm »
That was true for me. The lower I got in my K taper, the better I felt. Jumping off at .006 mg was a non event.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 01:03:03 am »
I was on clonopin for 12 years. over the last few months I tapered to 0! Sure I felt symptoms at first and read some of the horror stories on here and it scared the crap out of me.

After around 3 weeks of heavy symptoms the light came on and I started feeling better. The worst I had was insomnia but then I eventually slept! All I have now is a numb tongue and I'm sure it will pass!!

Good luck and you will be fine!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 01:12:53 am »
I think my taper has gone well.  I'm getting ready to jump soon, but I'm nervous about it.

When it comes time, I'll [...] have to do it.

In the first few months of my taper, when I made a cut, I would always have nausea for about 3 days.  I used sea bands, and they helped so much with nausea.  Last few months, when making a cut, no nausea.  Mainly [...] insomnia.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 01:31:48 am »
[...]:

Why don't you not think about it and [...] jump? I stepped off at .006 mg and it was a non event. Then I'll see you on celebrations!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 01:27:27 am »
I'm bumping this post. It's the only one I like😁

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 01:32:20 am »
Me too [...] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for bumping it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: