Author Topic: The Easier Taper Support Group  (Read 72630 times)

[Buddie]

The Easier Taper Support Group
« on: August 08, 2016, 11:42:48 am »
Hi I want to hear from people who've had a fairly easy taper. I need to start thinking more positively.
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:22:11 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: has anyone at all had an easy taper??
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:32 am »
Hi [...]
I'm in the same boat as you. Love to hear some positive thoughts . I'm having a difficult time .
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:38:32 pm »
My taper has been extremely easy compared to most on here. You will read that most people can come off the benzos without problems and don't end up posting on forums.

There are plenty of people on this forum that are having problems.  Look at their signatures.  That may give you some insight as to why they are having problems.  Don't let the stories scare you, they sure did scare the heck out of me.  I am going slow and making small cuts.  My doctor did tell me to go slow but didn't say how slow.

I have also noticed that threads like this don't go far, don't let that discourage you.  When I post that I'm not having problems, it has stopped threads dead in it's track.  I believe newbies need both sides of the story and there [...] isn't the other side portrayed much.

Listen to your body, take it slow and you will be fine.  And again I will say, if you are reading something scary, look at the signature.  Previous c/t, rapid tapers, switching from one benzo to another are a few of the things I think can cause you to have a hard time.

I [...] more people will chime in to give you encouragement.  Good Luck  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 02:03:30 pm »
I agree with [...].  If you listen to your body and go as slow as you need to you will be fine.  My taper is also pretty easy now. I did taper too fast and got very sick but switching to liquid changed everything, and then I slowed down and have been fine ever since.

Good luck to you.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 02:19:26 pm »
I know I did not start this thread, but hearing some positive thoughts really helps a lot. I cut too much my first and only cut so far. Still after 4 weeks can't say I'm doing great. Thought I was? Still getting waves of anxiety . My husband has not been so patient. Going to ask my new Psc doc today if I can do a really slow taper. I don't care how long it takes as long as I can function with out too much problems . That hasn't been the case the last 4 weeks. Have my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »
Why is it that anytime a thread starts asking for some positive thoughts, it stops....dead in it's track!  I can not be the only one not having a problem!

Thanks [...] K for responding.  I didn't start the thread but I think it is one that is needed.  There needs to be some sort of offset for the newbies, so they don't get scared out of their mind.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »
I agree with [...] as well. Slow and easy does it. If you feel well enough...and many do..can try a bit more of a rapid taper etc. Listen to your body and mind above all. And, don't fear your cuts. Many have zero or few sxs with small cuts. The scary stories are only half what's happening. Most are very real but still stay positive no matter what. Most people don't post on the positive side but I'm sure there are thousands out there who simply tapered with very few problems. Sometimes the scary stuff sends me running for a bit. But, even if you do struggle a bit know that you are doing something great for yourself. In the end it will be worth it.  :thumbsup: B

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 04:11:21 pm »
I would definitely say I had an easy taper.  I did a slow, daily microtaper with liquid, and had only occasional, mild sxs.  I jumped at .5mg V and had no recurring sxs.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »
Thanks for the replies, I have to say I've been bombarded with scary actually more like horrific stories. I've been terrified. I've only been using around 3 months at quite a varied small dose and people in support groups were hell bent on telling me I'm in for a nightmare. Baring in mind my life is already a nightmare due to a panic disorder which causes daily multiple panic attacks so really I needed to hear some positive things. Its absolutely terrifying I've found myself in this position. Thank you so much for replying 😁

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 05:27:38 pm »
After all I'm not doing too bad.
I'm only half-way done, anyway.
I was worse on my second cut (0.9 mg to 0.8 mg) but now I feel more stable. My symptoms are mainly physical and I consider this a bless. Maybe the other drug I'm taking is helping (Trazodone).