In need of taper plan for Ambien

[wi...]

Could someone help with a reasonable taper plan for Ambien? I've been on 10 mgs for 4 years. (tapered Ativan from 1 mg to .44 mg and holding now)Hoping I can taper Ambien with just cutting.

Thanks so much!!

You are going to have a much easier time tapering Ambien before you get completely off Ativan. Actually, if you are on a normal dose of Ambien (you might want to get down to 5 mg. first) you can jump without any issue. Ashton points out that because of the short half life and quick disappearance from the body of this drug, you are in withdrawal from it every day, thus it can be stopped abruptly. But if you feel more comfortable tapering, then by all means do so, but keep the Ativan. It is almost impossible to taper Ambien on it's own without struggling with awful insomnia, and completely unnecessary to suffer though that.

Here's a thread I wrote about this issue:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154835.0

Thanks Benzos-r and Meowie for replying. Meowie, I read your link as well and it was very helpful! I'm on hold until later in August after returning from a family reunion. Then, I'll decide how to proceed.