157 easy breezy days ..

[Lo...]

im pretty sure its 157. i hope it is lol dont want to come off as misleading. so its approaching 6 months off benzos and i cant believe i was ever on them. its as if i have a hard time recalling alot from that time in my life. almost as if it was a bad nightmare i woke up from. i thank god and benzo buddies for it being over. without numerous people on here (pretty much everyone on this site) i wouldnt have been able to accomplish what i did.

its pretty weird that i have a hard time thinking about what it was like on benzos and durring withdrawal granted the severe wd i went into. i dont remember much but what i can say is all my symptoms were mental. severe brain fog, hallucinations, extreme anxiety i would black out from, crying spells above all were never ending. panic, agoraphobia. it was hell.

i decided to titrate since it would give me a percise dose exact down to the last drop. it seemed really complex but in fact is one of the easiest things to do. thru the titration i went fairly fast finishing 100 ml in about 60-70 days. maybe less. i dont recommend everyone do this but for me it was easy and went smoothly. certain days i felt great i would wake up and instead of subtracting 1 ml i would go for 2. this happened quite often and i had no bad responses to it. i did try cutting 5 ml once which did not go over so well lol but i caught up with the mistake of rushing and fixed it.

thru out the whole period of my titration after i got to the 90ml mark i used tylenol pm to knock me out. it did its job and i rested 6-8 hours a night. alot of people are against this but it worked for me. if your brave enough i suggest experimenting. once at the 70 ml mark i started seeing more and more of my normal self and looking in the mirror wasnt a challenge anymore. instead the person looking back at me had to go ! so i started where i left off 4-5 years ago and went back to the gym. THIS SAVED MY LIFE!!!! i went everyday for an hour and a half and sometimes twice a day morning and night. however with my vigorous training came harder eating. 8-9 meals a day sometimes 10 . i ate pretty much what alot of people say affected them negatively. sugars carbs etc. the only thing i kept away from was caffiene and spicy food which i enjoy now numerous times a day lol. the meals consisted of mainly 60 oz chicken 12 cups cooked white rice and 24 ounces of steak with 4 cups pasta (all spread thru out the day) also egg whites in the morning with starchy carbs. drank tons of water and supplemented with protien shakes and carb shakes.

i urge anyone whos going thru wd to try to find a way to physically over exhaust themselves. at least try. i found if i was keeping my body under alot of pressure of physical strain and exhaustion my mind would not be focused on wd. it was hard at first to apply myself but i did.. and now weigh in the 260's (pounds). compared to the 170's i was on benzos.

once i got to the tens in ml's titrating it freaked me out wondering if i was going to be ok. i kept myself more and more pre occupied with things and went on with my daily business, this in turn destroyed my wd and made me completely sane. i have been back to work since i finished benzos still sticking to the gym enjoyed what was left of the summer by going to the beach everyday and chasing girls. words cant possibly describe how great i feel. i beat benzos and wont ever look back!

i wish everyone alot of luck and a speedy road to recovery. oh yea and its thanksgiving. happy bird day!

-dave

Hi LIB,

that's an excellent story, so glad things have worked out so well for you, thank you so much coming back and telling your success story, it will do wanders to motivate the members here,

great stuff!  :thumbsup:,

take care,

mr B

Great story and great inspiration for those still struggling LIB.

To those who are having a rough time - there IS light at the end of the tunnel and its a very bright one. :)

Hey, there.  I am so happy for you.  I all too well remember your journey.  Thanks so much for posting and thrilled you are now living your life.

Patty  xo

hi t2 linda stoney... thanks for reading thru the post i hope i didnt sound arrogant. i hope people try my advice and go for physical demanding distraction. really gets the blood flowing around great and provides your mind with some turn off time relief! hope everyone is well .. or on their way to getting there!

Hi Dave,

People won't think you're arrogant, they're so hungry for hope and a way to find it they'll cling to your success!  Thanks for coming back and writing this, it will help a lot of people.

Pam

Thank you Dave

thank you for this inspirational story!

I am so glad you feel great as you do now!

I'm glad to personally know you.

Kat (who accidentally broke your old cylinder)

• 2 weeks later...