Author Topic: Trust the windows! This ends...  (Read 31627 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Trust the windows! This ends...
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »
Hello freedom

Great post! Congratulations on your recovery my friend. So happy for you and this is very encouraging for me as I'm battling through with the waves and windows. I was recently riding a 3 week window and was hit by a wave about a week ago. Still battling this mess but it's good to hear a recovery story such as yours, it gives hope and reassurance that we will heal. Thanks so much!   

[...]     :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 02:57:36 pm »
[...]--

I am fortunate to have had a shorter recovery timeline than many. The thing that never ceases to astound me is how we're all so similar yet so different when it comes to recovery--some shorter-term users may have a longer recovery time and vice-versa, but we all face the "other-worldly" symptoms in various forms.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 11:42:55 pm »
Thank you so much for this. I am currently 51/2 months free of Ativan and 12 days free of sertraline  I am in hell!  I push myself to get up and get dressed everyday. I do have a good day here and there but they never last and have now given up hope that I will ever be well have been doing this withdrawal dance for two years now, first being taken off Paxil too quickly by a smug doctor and then being reinstated with sertraline because the withdrawals were too harsh. Then being tapered off of Ativan and then being told to take it again because of the severe anxiety from the side effects of the sertraline. I have never felt good on any of these.  I was initially put on Paxil and Ativan when I had one panic attack and had insomnia from menopause. I was told neither drug was addicting and could take both for years. Why do doctors lie?  Anyway, I have lost two years of my life. Lost my job and all my friends. My family has given up on me and now I am just giving up. Can't take this much longer. Am unable to function properly and the rage is getting uncontrollable. It's just lucky I am alone as I can yell and scream to get the rage out. Sorry for the rant. Guess I just finally needed [...] to talk to that maybe understands. You say you felt better after 7 months. That does give me some hope as that isn't far away for me.  I am so happy you have come out of this and are doing great!  You deserve the best of everything  and you were very lucky to have family and friends to lean on. Wish I did :-X :-\ :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 02:36:44 am »
[...],

Thanks for reaching out. I'm glad my story encouraged you. It truly amazes me how doctors are so incredibly quick to invalidate our experiences with these drugs. As you read in my story, I was in acute withdrawal when my doctor told me there was no way how I felt had to do with the drug. He told me I felt the way I did because so much had changed in my life since I began taking a benzo and I was now at my "baseline." UNBELIEVABLE. I pray that something will change and cause doctors to become more educated about the powerful effects of these medicines.

Please don't give up! This board is full of stories of those who felt hopeless (as I did at various times) and are now thriving. Everyone's experience is different. There really is no 'normal' when it comes to the duration and severity of withdrawal symptoms. I encourage you to continue reading the success stories and focus on the fact that even those with extreme experiences recover with time. Our brains are 'smarter than us' and know how to heal. You are not alone. I will be praying for you...

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 09:41:18 pm »
Thank you for sharing.  Was beautifully written.  Your list compares to what I contribute to [...].  I am on my way.  May you continue to have many blessings in your life.   :-*

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »
I am new to [...]. Thank you so much for your coping tips. I am using several of them.  I'm 50 days without Clonazapam that I took for approx. 12 years. I tapered 2.5% weekly.  Looking back... Probably been suffering withdrawal 6 yrs. because I reached tolerance and didn't increase dosage. Each day seems worse than the day before since finishing my taper. Acute pain in most body parts, dark thoughts, etc, etc. I'm 68 years old and not very computer "savy", but would love to connect with
someone who would encourage me. I'm hanging on to Jesus but sometimes can't even read scripture.
Listening to Bliss' meditative words (you'll get through this, withdrawal is temporary, accept symptoms as necessary for [...], etc) NOBODY understands ... I really need [...]!
Thank you for reaching out.
[...]  in Texas

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 09:57:13 pm »

Thank you so much for taking the time to send this positive message to those of us still struggling. So much love and caring, bless you.

This morning, Belfast brought up what I call the 'Elephant' in the room, suicide. I posted made a reply that we are all in the 'Benzo War', and have to keep fighting for those who will sadly come after us. Your wonderful message could not have come at a better time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »
I was very encouraged by your post. Being new to [...] and not very computer literate.
It is difficult to find stuff (brain fog doesn't help). I think I'm in the acute stage of withdrawal.
50 days off Clonazapam 1mg/day (12 years!) Really could use encouragement. Nobody really understands except someone who has been there.
Thank you for communicating.
In Christ, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 12:21:17 am »
Wow!  I don't post here a lot.  But not to this time would be selfish of me as I have taken so much from your post.  THANKS!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2016, 12:33:41 am »
The Jump

When I jumped in August the floor came out from under me. In addition to the despair I had many other symptoms including anxiety, which is better described as intense fear. The fear would 'find things' to attach itself to--I was afraid of my job, afraid of the inside of my car, afraid of my home. There is really no way to accurately put it into words. I remember spending large chunks of those early days curled up on the floor[...] to my bed. I could hardly interact with my wife and kids. I was forced to take leave from work, which was only approved for four weeks. Those first six weeks post-jump were by far the worst. I had insomnia too, which was mostly characterized by waking at 4-5am in a state of panic, thrashing around in my warm bed[...] to my wife who just couldn't relate to what I was going through. I went to the doc 6 days post-jump for "help" and he completely dismissed me. He said "what you're experiencing now is just be your baseline anxiety, which was covered up by the drug." I left with a new script for Valium which I never took. I trusted doctors, but I knew what I was going through wasn't "baseline" for me or anyone. The mornings were the worst time of day. From what I understand, the glutamate and cortisol present in the morning are too much for a brain with damaged GABA receptors to handle. The afternoons and evenings were generally much better, but I would go to bed knowing what the morning would likely bring...

So many common elements, I jumped from K this August. Symptoms / fear / new phobias....yep.

Thanks again for your story and help.  :thumbsup: