Open Group  ·  65 members

Music Lovers

Classical and Opera

[re...]

Mozart's Requiem

Berlioz Symphony Fantastique

Bruch Violin Concerto

Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini but pretty much anything he every wrote

Just a few of my favs. I don't know how to link recordings though.

OK then, how about this:

hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=210&h=118&st
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
in A-minor for Piano and Orchestra
Op. 43 by Sergei Rachmaninoff
Philadelphia Orchestra
Pianist: Sergei Rachmaninoff
Conductor: Leopold Stokowski
Recorded: December 24, 1934.

That's the one! I went to a symphony concert once where it was playing and all the ladies in the bathroom at intermission could talk about is that it contained the love theme from the movie Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. That's only a small part of the piece though, and while it's beautiful I had to roll my eyes just a little. I love the entire piece! I grew up playing viola in the Orchestra.

The first one I liked, and having the words helped a lot thanks. The second was just Beautiful, and the best 12 minutes I spent listening to Wonderful Music. This is a very good Thread indeed, relaxing and somewhere to come and just relax and be one with the Music.

[a0...]

hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=196&h=110&st
Barcarolle - Belle Nuit
from Tales of Hoffmann
by Jacques Offenbach
Elīna Garanča & Anna Netrebko
Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus
Emmanuel Villaume, Conductor

Loved coming home and listening to Elīna Garanča's awesome mezzo - big thanks!

Now onto enjoying some more of these great performances . . .

On 04/08/2016 at 21:19, [[L...] said:

Loved coming home and listening to Elīna Garanča's awesome mezzo - big thanks!

She's amazing, isn't she? Here are a few more. What range she has - from Mascagni's verismo to Vivaldi's baroque, with Bizet between them.

Four highlights from The Bartered Bride by Bedřich Smetana:

Plus an extra special bonus Smetana smash hit: The Moldau

Thanks for the selection, I have to say that I really like The Moldau, I will listen to it all in the morning, but it is Beautiful  :thumbsup:

Listen to that polka too - all the way to the end. A little surprise at the end. You'll love it.

Yes I see that I am going to have to really listen, at first it seemed so slow, but picked up tempo, and good surprise. :) "Learning" :)

They're all excellent, but my favorite is The Comedians Dance. It's full of insane energy, all the way through.

Yes when I did a fast listen it is super charged, I will listen to it tomorrow, kinda fast for this late, or I will be banging off the walls with my head.

Hey all! This is definitely my place to be :) I'm a huge classical music fan. Unfortunately I'm at the beginning of my clonazepam taper and depression and dp/dr has set in, so I can't be as enthusiastic as I usually am about music. Still, classical music has been the guiding light in my life so I can't let go of its power.

Here's two Finnish favorites - the second is from Einojuhani Rautavaara, a great composer who recently passed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPd9znWgGLk

Are there any other fans of contemporary composition/avant-garde music?

[a0...]

hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=196&h=110&st

Suor Angelica Intermezzo
Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924)

With some fascinating old film clips of the Maestro himself

Thanks Evan, beautiful to listen to and to watch - pulled on my heartstrings.

Gotta buy a new laptop so that I can participate better in this thread. Posting nice music links from an iPhone is arduous. 

But thanks to Bluetooth and fine speakers, listening is A-1!

Gotta buy a new laptop so that I can participate better in this thread. Posting nice music links from an iPhone is arduous. 

Well don't wait too long. I'm posting all the good ones. You'll be left with Richard Clayderman and Frantisek Kotzwara.

;D

[a0...]

Well don't wait too long. I'm posting all the good ones. You'll be left with Richard Clayderman and Frantisek Kotzwara.

;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: