Author Topic: Classical and Opera  (Read 12434 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Classical and Opera
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »

Camille Saint-SaŽns

Danse Macabre

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2016, 03:07:23 am »

By the way, at Gounod's own funeral,
Saint-SaŽns played the organ.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2016, 10:05:14 pm »

Suor Angelica Intermezzo

Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924)

With some fascinating old film clips of the Maestro himself

[Buddie]

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2016, 10:32:29 pm »

Suor Angelica Intermezzo

Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924)

With some fascinating old film clips of the Maestro himself

Thanks [...], beautiful to listen to and to watch - pulled on my heartstrings.

Gotta buy a new laptop so that I can participate better in this thread. Posting nice music links from an iPhone is arduous. 

But thanks to Bluetooth and fine speakers, listening is A-1!

[Buddie]

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2016, 12:29:55 am »

Una Furtiva Lagrima

from L'elisir d'amore
by Gaetano Donizetti
tenor Roberto Alagna

[Buddie]

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2016, 01:04:25 am »

Gotta buy a new laptop so that I can participate better in this thread. Posting nice music links from an iPhone is arduous. 

Well don't wait too long. I'm posting all the good ones. You'll be left with Richard Clayderman and Frantisek Kotzwara.

;D

[Buddie]

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2016, 01:58:07 am »

Well don't wait too long. I'm posting all the good ones. You'll be left with Richard Clayderman and Frantisek Kotzwara.

;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2016, 02:33:59 pm »
Claude Debussy

CLAIR de LUNE

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:31:46 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2016, 10:58:57 pm »
This is one of my all-time favorites. It's classical the way Gershwin is classical - right at the edge of jazz. But I hope you'll allow me to squeeze it in here. It's over 40 minutes long, so save it for when you have time to listen. Or you can play it in the background while you read and write your posts.

Suite for Flute & Jazz [...]

Jean Pierre Rampal & Claude Bolling
     Here's what Wikipedia says about it:

Suite for Flute and Jazz [...] (aka Suite for Flute and Jazz [...] Trio) is a "crossover" composition by the jazz pianist and composer Claude Bolling. The composition, originally written in 1973, is a suite of seven movements, written for a classical flute, and a jazz [...] trio ([...], string bass, and drums).

The suite was recorded in 1975 by Bolling, classical flautist Jean-Pierre Rampal, bassist Max Hťdiguer, and drummer Marcel Sabiani, and originally released as an LP album by CBS Masterworks Records and Columbia Masterworks. In the U.S., the album was nominated in 1975 for a Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music Performance. A video recording of Bolling and Rampal playing the Suite was recorded in 1976 at the Palace of Versailles in France, and was released on LaserVision video disc and on videotape. Eventually, under the title, Suite for Flute and Jazz [...] Trio, digital CD and DVD versions of the respective audio and video
recordings were also released. In 1986, Bolling and Rampal released Bolling's later composition, Suite for Flute and Jazz [...] Trio No. 2.

[Buddie]

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2016, 12:45:07 am »
Jean Sibelius

Valse Triste