Author Topic: Classical and Opera  (Read 12381 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Classical and Opera
« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2019, 12:37:04 pm »

As an alternative, I thought I'd post this link to the complete work as a single video. I also rather like the visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZf34B8SImo

Edit: Nope. Mot a good alternative after all. The video is interrupted by adverts.

Try installing Adblock Plus. It blocks most intrusive ads, and if you want to allow some ads on some particular website, you can put that website on your Adblock whitelist - meaning, you can turn Adblock off on that site. And then later, if you want, you can turn it back on. For me, YouTube would be unwatchable without it.

Get Adblock Plus Here
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2019, 07:47:43 pm »

As an alternative, I thought I'd post this link to the complete work as a single video. I also rather like the visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZf34B8SImo

Edit: Nope. Mot a good alternative after all. The video is interrupted by adverts.

Try installing Adblock Plus. It blocks most intrusive ads, and if you want to allow some ads on some particular website, you can put that website on your Adblock whitelist - meaning, you can turn Adblock off on that site. And then later, if you want, you can turn it back on. For me, YouTube would be unwatchable without it.

Get Adblock Plus Here

I use Adblock Plus, but it was disabled for Youtube for some reason. Thanks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2019, 01:12:03 am »
I guess we've been ignoring our Korean buddies,
but really - who knew their Italian was so good?

Tae-Joong Yang ( 양태중 )

Largo al Factotum

from The Barber of Seville
by Gioachino Rossini
   Woo-kyung Kim (김우경)

[...] Donna È Mobile

from Rigoletto
by Giuseppe Verdi

[Buddie]

« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2019, 04:29:39 am »
Thank you for the Jaroussky, [...].

:smitten:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2019, 06:58:41 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI8q6kZ6bCE

George Frederic Handel - Lascia ch io pianga

I first heard this while watching the movie "The Antichrist" by Lars Von Trier. All in all, it was a pretty crap movie, but this piece made it worth it :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2019, 11:48:50 pm »
There are probably plenty of versions of this, but I like this one best. (I'm an agnostic, too!) Sorry for the ad.

Gregorio Allegri: Miserere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA88AS6Wy_4

[Buddie]

« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2019, 12:44:51 am »
There are probably plenty of versions of this, but I like this one best. (I'm an agnostic, too!) Sorry for the ad.

Gregorio Allegri: Miserere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA88AS6Wy_4

That was sublime. Really. Thanks for that.

It's an interesting piece, historically.
You can read about it here: Miserere (Allegri)

By the way, I didn't see any ads.
I have Adblock

[Buddie]

« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2019, 02:48:07 pm »
https://youtu.be/jWX3Z56_iiA

Giuseppe Verdi "[...] Traviata Ouverture"

[Buddie]

« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2019, 02:56:00 pm »

Polonaise in A-flat major

Op. 53 by Frédéric Chopin
performed by
Rafał Blechacz

[Buddie]

Jessye Norman RIP
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2019, 06:11:40 am »
  Jessye Norman died
at Mount Sinai–St. Luke's Hospital
in Manhattan on September 30, 2019,
aged 74, from multiple organ failure
and septic shock; secondary to
complications from a spinal cord injury
she suffered in 2015.
Read more...