Author Topic: Classical and Opera  (Read 12431 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Classical and Opera
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2019, 04:17:25 am »
I don't know how to attach a link, but I these days I've really been loving Barber's Adagio for Strings.

My emotions have felt muted during my taper and that piece really tugs at some strong "feels."

P.S. I just figured out how to attach link :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrxPTePXEQ

Beautiful   :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2019, 08:34:08 am »

Salammbo's Aria

Composed by Bernard Herrmann for Citizen Kane
This is actually an amazing piece of music I had not heard. Just one more amazing thing from Bernhard Herrmann.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2019, 06:29:38 am »
Absolutely love the energy and gusto put into this recording.

[Buddie]

« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2019, 03:57:46 am »
Posted this on my blog, but it'll get more views here.  :)

Played beautifully by Arthur Rubinstein...

[Buddie]

« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2019, 09:15:09 pm »

[Buddie]

« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2019, 09:25:17 am »

[Buddie]

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2019, 09:36:30 am »

[Buddie]

« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2019, 09:32:20 am »

Symphony No. 4 in A
Op. 90 "Italian"

Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Herbert von Karajan
Felix Mendelssohn

[Buddie]

« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2019, 02:10:42 am »
  Nicola Benedetti CBE (born 20 July 1987)
is a Scottish classical violinist. Benedetti was born
in West Kilbride, North Ayrshire, to an Italian father
and an Italian-Scottish mother. She started learning
to play the violin at the age of four. At age eight, she
became the leader of the National Children's Orchestra
of Great Britain. By the age of nine, she had already
passed the eight grades of musical examinations while
attending the independent Wellington School, Ayr, and
in September 1997 began to study at the Yehudi Menuhin
School for young musicians under Baron Menuhin and
Natasha Boyarskaya in rural Surrey, England.

Read more...

Meditation from Thas

Jules Massenet

The Lark Ascending

Ralph Vaughan Williams

[Buddie]

« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2019, 02:53:34 am »
Wow, thanks [...] I actually use classical music as a form of pain management, so what a Meditation this is. Just glorious.