take offer or move

[ho...]

So my old boss is willing to help ive been avoiding him because of something a ling time ago and I feel ashamed. I ve been currently thinking ofmoving away and idk if I should go to him ir move. I really think moving is the best. Also this girl I really like is confusing me I asked her if she wanted to go and she saicraigslist why dont I find help around here and what if in the near future she ends up leaving town anyway

Hi Hodge11, I cannot tell you from your post if you should move away or not. Is your old boss offering you a job in your city and you would prefer to move away. I have moved away from whole life and then ended up coming back home in the end. You have to balance the pros and cons of moving away and then decide. I'm also not sure how well you know the girl you are talking about but I'm taking it that she is telling you to move away or stay with her.

Anyway good luck! Family can be a nightmare for all of us. They mean will but have idea what they are talking about.

OK, I went to rehab and got detoxed. They detoxed me over 5 days with Librium and then they released me after 10 days. I was very sick still and I told them that but they said my insurance would only pay for 10 days so that shows you where their interests lie. Most of the ppl I met in rehab were either alcoholics and opiate addicts ( I was an opiate addict as well) but I noticed right away they healed, were sleeping and eating, I was still totally an insomniac I did not want anything to eat. They told me my symptoms would be gone in 2-3 weeks. 8 months later I'm still fighting all my symptoms.

I definitely am not trying to steer you away from going to detox because it helps a lot of people. Also you meet a lot of people with similar problems who understand. I went to rehab last November and I still keep in touch with some of my rehab friends. Most everyone has relapsed but I still keep in touch with them. Alcoholics tend to relapse and I guess that is because it is so widely available. Everything I was on I could also get but I haven't, I never want to touch that shit again no matter what.

I have been a person who moves around my whole life. I lived in los Angelos Houston, Miami, Atlanta. I wanted to start over in new places where I did not know everyone. You could be a whole new person. Sometimes that is helpful too.

I'm not trying to influence what you do I'm just sharing things I have done with you. Everything has upsides and downsides. You don't find anyone who understands what we are going through except us. I hope things work out for you.

Davis I want to leave and I tried but I backed out. I dont want detox and feel that will ne a bad idea I told himcraigslist if he wants to help no hospital or detox

I discovered by moving around that when you start over in a new place that it takes about 12-18 months to meet new friends, get used to your situation, and feel like you are at home in the new city. Also to get a job and get settled. Everytime I moved it was somewhere that had a few friends or family. It is not easy i felt lonely a lot. I would get sick of one place for whatever reason and then i decided where i wanted to try next.

It is definitely not easy, none of this is easy but neither is life. I always had the option of returning home and eventually I did.

It sounds like your brain is sending you a lot of conflicting signals of what you should do, and every decision seems somehow 'wrong'? It's normal to feel that way when you're in withdrawal.

Davis I want to leave and I tried but I backed out. I dont want detox and feel that will ne a bad idea I told himcraigslist if he wants to help no hospital or detox

Hi hodge11,

I just want to add something, if I may....on the subject of detox, I have been there, myself and Davis said something that might have missed your attention. People there get treated for alcohol and opiates, but I was there detoxing on benzos. I was there for 1 week and it was interesting, because the people treated for these other issues were sleeping at night, eating during the day and card playing, etc.. I on the other hand was a basket case. When I think back, I'm wondering how I even made it through! There is no understanding or tapering of this drug. You are yanked off of it and on your own. It's miserable. If you don't absolutely have to go to detox,  DON'T!

Good luck to you....~CeCe    :smitten:

I went through a period of continual moving and I think I did it for reasons that did not actually have to do with the locations I was at, and more to do with the things going on inside myself.  I had so many years of anxiety and was also on benzos and I think there is a part of anxiety that makes you think it's your surroundings and there's also definitely a honeymoon phase with a new place when you move.  It's like a new person you meet, they are perfect until you get to know them.  LOL. 

Honestly, you can do a lot of things different without moving that could make your life different.  To move AND go through withdrawal at the same time?  Ugh.  I actually moved just 3 months after reinstatement and was kindling and it was terrible and I hated the place I moved to for a good year but not really, if that makes sense.  I knew the place I moved to was awesome in many ways, but I was in such a terrible and nasty mood that everything around me bothered me and I complained so much about everything at the time. 

So I would definitely wait to move until you are stable and maybe wait to even make the decision to move or not. 

Yes my environment at home is a big issue. Not so much the town just my home and never said to get away frim my proems

Hi hodge11, I had a lot of personal problems right after I got out of rehab.  I lived with my GF for 12 years but we were fighting all the time and I wanted to break up and she moved out in January. Ive never been alone in my whole life and since then I have had to adjust to it. She was always going off on me about WD saying it was not real, that I was just depressed. All of these things gave me the temptation to go back on drugs to deal with my problems. When I was younger I probably would have packed up and moved across country.

If your home life where you live is so bad that you think you may start taking pills to deal with it then you could move. Either in your city to another location or just move away. I always felt that if I moved I could escape from my problems. I not saying that is why you are thinking about it. they never went away BTW. I think about it all the time, thinking I want to move outside the USA. Like that would be a good idea right now. Or go back to Miami which I know would be a terrible idea. I think that is always how I have coped.

Think it through and you will come up with the right solution for yourself.  Have faith in yourself.

I just told my father he makes.me feel like a failure and he pretty much denied it and saiid its my fault wtf do I do punch him in his shit

The longer you stay at home the worse it will get. See if you can find a place close to home on a month to month basis to start. The best thing for my mental health was to move out. If your family is not supportive that is just going to make things worse. Find a place that you don't need to commit to long term in your town. You will feel much better when you are on your own.

Even though I did not want to ask them if the would consider a recommendation a therapist gave me I did and my fall back was to just ask if they could help with an apartment but they said no I got pissed off after they fucked with me and then they said if I make it out to where I want to go they will give me money im scared and I didnt want to ask them in the first place

Whenever I got out of rehab I was really sick. I could not eat or sleep, I had vertigo really bad and I was falling down all the time. I fell over and busted my head open on the corner of my glass coffee table and got seventeen stiches in my forehead. I' will have the scar forever. While all that was going on I had to deal with her bitching at me all the time and telling me it was not WD. All day everyday. I don't think a counselor would have been helpful. We seemed like strangers to each other.

The thing about it is that a lot of things were going wrong before I went to rehab and one of the reasons I went was I believed it would help our relationship. It made it 1000 times worse. The day comes sometimes to just give up.