3 months and 2 weeks klonopin free

[am...]

sorry i haven't posted in a while but i still check out whats going on aroud bb's.

well it's been over 3 months since my last benzo,and i can say everyday gets better and better.

once in a great while i'll get a reminder that i was addicted to klonopin,like numd lips and chest palps but it doesn't last long or for a whole day.

things i still can not do...take cold meds like nyquil...boy oh boy that brought on some symtoms.

and i still can not drink alchol...which doesn't bother me i can live with out it.

the things i CAN DO again....drive a car...have normal conversations...drink coffee...and a big one SLEEP ON MY OWN AGAIN..

the things that have yet to come back yet MY BRAIN i'm still very forgetful,if it is not written down than i forget,i still misplace things all the time because i forget where i put things, i also forget what i'm saying midsentence...very annoying.

i have not had one singel anxiety attack since my taper,which tells me that my anxiety was pill induced.

my moods are still up and down,i'm hopeing that improves over time, still have no s## drive my husband hopes that improves also...lol...

all in all life is great after klonopin....never again thats all i have to say..i pitty my gp if he ever brings up me takeing a fricken pill ever again.

for all of you brave soles tapering right now...you can do it,one day at a time!!!! you'll concour this demon called benzo's.don't give up and remember symtoms are just symtoms and they do go away.when the withdrawl is bad don't thing about it so much,because if you do than your letting the benzo's have power take the power away from the benzo's.

alicia...p.s i'll keep you posted...have a very happy thanksgiving

Hi Alicia,

Great news for you, and me as well, I just found this site last night, and am overwhelmed at the caring and concern from everyone.

I am still trying to learn how to navigate on this web site, I am totall computer illeterite.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your klonopin dose, and how did you taper off???

Once again, I'm so happy for you, but your words give me hope as well.

Alaska66

Congratulations Alicia!

Its so nice to read about survivors and how well they are healing from this junk! :yippee:

I hope my brain/memory and word retrieval comes back too.  :idiot:

YOU keep living your life to the fullest!

Best wishes!

XXXX :smitten:

Shelley

Hi Alicia,

It's wonderful to hear from you!  I'm so glad to see your list of things you can do!!  It's posts like this that keep me hanging around this place, I love to watch the miracle!  Thanks sweetie! :smitten: :smitten:

alaska,

i was on .05 mgs 3 to 4 times a day.that wasn't working for me anymore,so it was either i updose and be a zombie or i get off.

i chose to get off.my gp had no clue how to help me,he gave me the stupid pills but couldn't get me off them.so i kinda tapered real fast in the beginning and was going through hell,then i found this website and got real honest advice and understanding of what i was going through.these people here will help you out and get a schedule for you to come off of what you are takeing safely.just remember you have to listen to your own body what i did may not work for you.i tapered a little faster than what is recommended,that was me stuborn ginny,but i also suffered.but i came out ok.its true what they say slow and steady is the way to go.pam and thersa really helped me,ask them to help you.if you have any more questions just ask..take care and you can win this battle....alicia

Alicia,

It is always great to hear a success story.  Congrats again for being benzo free and it sounds like you are healing well.  Please give us an update in the near future, don't be a stranger on here, we need to hear more success stories like your story.

Thank you for posting.

Tim

I see Shelleyr has been on here ahead of me! She jumped just a couple of days before I did and obviously we are now looking forward! So good to read your blog amcg123! Gives me that light at the end of the tunnel that I can't quite see by myself yet! Thanks for posting this one! Perfect timing!

Congrats on your success..... stay well!  :mybuddy:

hi gutsygal and to all who are tapering,

being off benzo's is the fun part,the first couple weeks are the toughest part.then it's like being reborn again.all your sensations and feelings start comeing alive again after being numbed by the benzo's.it's like a light going on one at a time.when i was able to laugh again i knew i was healing,because the 2 years i was on klonopin i can't remember laughing and being happy.

just take life one day at a time,there will be tough days when you ask yourself when is this going to end,and then bam over nite you wake up and you'll slowly start to feel good again.everyone just hang in there you won't feel sick forever.tapering is the hard part but it is all worth it in the end.you'll get your life back,and not need a fricken pill.when i first got off klonopin sleeping and wakeing up every 30 mins was hard,but here i am 3 and a half months later and i can finally sleep on my own with no sleep aids.it didn't happen over nite,i get like 5 to 6 hours now without wakeing up,that more than i had last month and the month before.don't give up,you will heal,it's not going to be over nite theres's no time line,but tell yourself this is not going to last forever and move on with life.    alicia

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for popping by to tell us about your recovery. The posting of Success Stories (not just benzo-free) are important for those still tapering or have just quit. Please do continue to pop in and post us updates.

Well done. :)

sorry i haven't posted in a while but i still check out whats going on aroud bb's.

well it's been over 3 months since my last benzo,and i can say everyday gets better and better.

once in a great while i'll get a reminder that i was addicted to klonopin,like numd lips and chest palps but it doesn't last long or for a whole day.

things i still can not do...take cold meds like nyquil...boy oh boy that brought on some symtoms.

and i still can not drink alchol...which doesn't bother me i can live with out it.

the things i CAN DO again....drive a car...have normal conversations...drink coffee...and a big one SLEEP ON MY OWN AGAIN..

the things that have yet to come back yet MY BRAIN i'm still very forgetful,if it is not written down than i forget,i still misplace things all the time because i forget where i put things, i also forget what i'm saying midsentence...very annoying.

i have not had one singel anxiety attack since my taper,which tells me that my anxiety was pill induced.

my moods are still up and down,i'm hopeing that improves over time, still have no s## drive my husband hopes that improves also...lol...

all in all life is great after klonopin....never again thats all i have to say..i pitty my gp if he ever brings up me takeing a fricken pill ever again.

for all of you brave soles tapering right now...you can do it,one day at a time!!!! you'll concour this demon called benzo's.don't give up and remember symtoms are just symtoms and they do go away.when the withdrawl is bad don't thing about it so much,because if you do than your letting the benzo's have power take the power away from the benzo's.

alicia...p.s i'll keep you posted...have a very happy thanksgiving

What a great story, I also am still having trouble with remembering things, along with all the withdrawal symptoms.Glad to hear another success story. I have just started my taper, so I have a long way to go.

Take care, and thanks for being another inspiration for all of still struggling with it.I think only we people struggling with the benzo demon can fuly understand.

Alaska66

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

going on 7 months benzo free.still feeling good,this has been a very tuff winter for me for i get seasonal depression and the klonopin helped with that so i started taking st johns wart and that seems to help slightly.i get a anxiety attack once in a great while not every day maybe once every couple weeks,the st johns wart for me seems to calm me down.the first 6 months out i couldn't take any supplements or cold meds or vitamines,still can't handle nyquil or cold meds.my journey has been a long one,7 months out and i'm still wondering were my brain is,i feel like i have brain damage sometimes can't remember anything unless it's written down,i'm hoping this improves because this really is the last symtom i have from the klonopin.

i will never regret getting off klonopin,my taper was very fast and i did suffer,but the reward is much greater.i don't get on bb's that often,for me sometimes reading the posts of some that are suffering brings it all back to me,and i'm trying to forget i ever took that horriable yellow pill that nearly distroided my life.for all of you that are tapering and going through the withdrawl process the pain does go away,and you will get your life back take everyday day as it comes.one day you too will want to forget you ever took a benzo,the reward is so great.alicia

Hi Alicia!

Thank you for the update. It's totally understandable that you would want to avoid bringing back those memories by reading here. The whole purpose of this site is to get off benzos safely, heal, and get on with life! You are doing that!  :yippee:

I had the poor memory thing too, but it does get better with time.

You are helping others greatly by telling your story of recovery, thank you.  :)    

Alicia,

I was glad to read your update and to find that you are doing much better.  Thank you for coming back to let us know how well you were doing, it gives a little strength to those still in the fight trying to get off of the benzos.... :)

TC

This is so encouraging, Alicia. I cannot wait to be benzo-free and take back my life again. I feel like I've been in a fog for the past 3 months, looking for a way out.

Stories like yours really help and inspire those who feel like they cannot continue.

Thank you, Thank you  ;D

George

• 9 years later...