Kevin MD: Benzo Addiction is Real - A Physician Shares His Story

[Se...]

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2016/07/benzodiazepine-addiction-real-physician-shares-story.html

Articles like this one and Dr. Kelly Brogan's recent benzo article give me hope for this world.  Am so very glad to see physicians speaking out, particularly those with lived experience.

Dr. Brogan's article was terribly important as well.  She is in a position to influence a lot of people through her public speaking and advocacy.  Great to see somone else prominent joining the ranks of Dr. Healy, Robert Whitaker and others.

Little by little.  I believe that BenzoBuddies is at the heart of this awakening.  Word is getting out from those at the centre of the hurricane.

So great!

:smitten:

Ali

If any of you can, please post on KevinMD on this article.  I did and you can do it anonymously.  KevinMD is widely read by physicians so it gets a lot of visibility.  It is reposted a lot, and linked and shared so comments will be seen and hopefully heard.

Ali

Wow, 3 months to get off 1mg ativan.

That is fast, and he probably just cut tapered, too.

Thank you for the share!

If any of you can, please post on KevinMD on this article.  I did and you can do it anonymously.  KevinMD is widely read by physicians so it gets a lot of visibility.  It is reposted a lot, and linked and shared so comments will be seen and hopefully heard.

Ali

I shared it on FB, but how do I comment and/or post on KevinMD? Thanks! ~CeCe

You click on reply, register with Disqus (very simple) and then post.  A little clunky but I persevered.  I hope you do, the more info the better.  This site is very widely read by physicians.

Thanks!

Ali

Go to the comment that you want to reply to and hit Reply (blue hyperlink).  A dialogue box will open and you are asked to Login with Twitter, Facebook etc. Or create an account with Disqus (on the right) it will say sign up with Discus.  Simple, you choose you screen name of you choose Discus I think.

Best of luck.  I see someone here did tell there story.

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting this.  It was me, I added my story.  I just edited it (added benzo.org.uk to my list of places I first went to for info) and so my comment seems to have disappeared, from my screen anyways, for now.  Pending it says.  It's good you can go back and edit comments.  You're right, it was a bit clunky signing up for Discus ,lots of clicking on same button, waiting for email, but ultimately worked fine, was easy.  :)

I saw it there, it did go up.  Pending usually takes a day or less.  Good job!

And thanks!  Will see tomorrow if I can get more buddies to post.

Ali

Wow, 3 months to get off 1mg ativan.

That is fast, and he probably just cut tapered, too.

Thank you for the share!

That's what I did.  But that's what my doctor told me to do. :/