2nd week after my final cut and woke up with anxiety

[Ex...]

Hello all. So I made my final cut on last Friday. I've been feeling pretty good. I haven't had much anxiety this past week, but a couple of nights I noticed a little anxiety, but nothing I couldn't handle. But today, all of a sudden, my body feels a little numb, shoulders tight, heart beating quicker, shaky.....and the list goes on. I'm wanting to know is that pretty normal, after one week of feeling almost no anxiety to the 2nd week waking up and feeling some old symptoms. Although the symptoms are not intense as before, they are symptoms all the same. Let me add, I did have a cup of coffee, I have asthma, so I also inhaled to puffs of proair this morning, and had a few glasses of wine last night.  And this morning I hadn't eaten yet when the anxiety started. So anyway, is this normal for the second week, and how long does symptoms last?

Hello all. So I made my final cut on last Friday. I've been feeling pretty good. I haven't had much anxiety this past week, but a couple of nights I noticed a little anxiety, but nothing I couldn't handle. But today, all of a sudden, my body feels a little numb, shoulders tight, heart beating quicker, shaky.....and the list goes on. I'm wanting to know is that pretty normal, after one week of feeling almost no anxiety to the 2nd week waking up and feeling some old symptoms. Although the symptoms are not intense as before, they are symptoms all the same. Let me add, I did have a cup of coffee, I have asthma, so I also inhaled to puffs of proair this morning, and had a few glasses of wine last night.  And this morning I hadn't eaten yet when the anxiety started. So anyway, is this normal for the second week, and how long does symptoms last?

I don't know which drug you were tapering and how fast so its not easy to give advice. What about a signature or more information?

Definitiv its not a good idea to drink and then a few glasses??! The other aspect is that WD symptoms don't appear the first day after the last cut but very often after some weeks. Try to learn strategies to fight anxiety without drugs or alcohol and give yourself time.

Wish you a fast healing!

MARIGOLD1

.25 Alprazolam. I was on this for a little more than two weeks. I tapered using dry cut method. I waited two weeks in between cuts. It was pretty hard cutting one pills, but somehow I did. It was a pretty slow taper. I was prescribed Alprazolam to help with side effects of prednisone. I was given prednisone for issues with asthma.

MARIGOLD1

.25 Alprazolam. I was on this for a little more than two weeks. I tapered using dry cut method. I waited two weeks in between cuts. It was pretty hard cutting one pills, but somehow I did. It was a pretty slow taper. I was prescribed Alprazolam to help with side effects of prednisone. I was given prednisone for issues with asthma.

Don't forget that prednisone will create that symptoms you described too!!! And can make WD as well.

You took a mixture of medication, I know what I am talking about, and there was a hormone like under it.

I think you have to go through that and watch out what you are taking next time.. your body has expericend WD before and can relate to that.

I was no longer taking prednisone, when I started taking alprazolam. It was about a week between the two. I have not taken prednisone now for about 2 months.

prednisone needs more time to be washed out by your body.. I really think the combination ca be it.. and wine ... no good idea..

I hope you will be better soon. Do yourself something good!

This may have caused your symptoms. 

For what it's worth at this point (probably nothing  ::)) , two weeks of alprazolam usually isn't enough to warrant a taper, or not much of one anyway.  Generally it's advised to taper quickly after short term use in order to avoid deepening any dependency that might be starting.

Go r-e-a-l easy on the alcohol for a couple months. Watch your diet like a motherless kitten for awhile too.

-Jman

Thanks guys for your responses. I was so ready to go live a little, that I think I over did it. I went out dancing, had a few drinks and I stayed out till 3 in the morning. I'm paying for it now, and let's just say I learned something from it all. This morning I woke up feeling a little tightness in my chest, and I could some anxiety, and my body was tingling, but it was nothing major, so I was able to head out to work. It did feel like it was about to get more intense, but I have a Tea store by my office, so I went there to get what they call "anxiety relief tea" and it works wonders. I'm feeling better now, absolutely, no anxiety and I'm feeling fine. I'm praying for a good week, I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A AWESOME, SYMPTOM FREE WEEK AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Thanks guys for your responses. I was so ready to go live a little, that I think I over did it. I went out dancing, had a few drinks and I stayed out till 3 in the morning. I'm paying for it now, and let's just say I learned something from it all. This morning I woke up feeling a little tightness in my chest, and I could some anxiety, and my body was tingling, but it was nothing major, so I was able to head out to work. It did feel like it was about to get more intense, but I have a Tea store by my office, so I went there to get what they call "anxiety relief tea" and it works wonders. I'm feeling better now, absolutely, no anxiety and I'm feeling fine. I'm praying for a good week, I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A AWESOME, SYMPTOM FREE WEEK AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Sorry! Wich part of "DONT DRINK" did you not understand??? Don't be a foul and switch to the next devil.

Marigold1

I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't drink again,  I'm speaking about that one incident. It would be nice not to be called a fool, if you don't mind. 

a cup of coffee (triggers anxiety) + wine + not eating anything and you're in only the second week. it would be strange if you wouldn't have it.

a cup of coffee (triggers anxiety) + wine + not eating anything and you're in only the second week. it would be strange if you wouldn't have it.

Peenionved

Well  I know now. I won't be doing that again. I did eat the day drank, I hadn't eaten yet, the day I woke up with anxiety., because I had just woken up. Today is Thursday and I'm feeling much better, so thanks for your post. Hope all is well with you.