Long term use of 2mg clonazepam.

[Fi...]

Hello.

I am finally in a position to significantly reduce my Clonazepam dose.  I am taking 2mg twice daily.  I have been on this dose for more than a decade.  I have severe PTSD and have been unsuccessful in controlling my anxiety using other medications including other benzodiazepines.  Fortunately I started working with a psychologist who incorporates NeuroField neuro feedback.  I and my doctor are in agreement about tapering.  I am looking for support, especially from other long term users.

Hello FigLady, and welcome to the forum! Getting off and staying off benzos may not be easy, but it's definitely worthwhile.

You'll find plenty of information and support here.  Our members have gone through all aspects of withdrawal, and you're likely to see  people who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.  For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days.  One exception: very short-term users of a few weeks or less may be able to taper faster than that.

Here are a few links you may find useful:

Withdrawal Support Board

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms in Chapter III, and there is also a section with withdrawal/taper schedules.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

:smitten:

CONGRATS! I used Klonopin for eleven years... its been a bumpy ride but, STAY positive and, know you are not alone... GOOD LUCK!!!  :thumbsup:;D

I'd recommend going to the daily microtapering thread ("started by Sharkey") and ask for SG. He's fantastic and can give you all the specifics you need. I'm a "long timer" too (see my signature).

Great luck!!