My Plan~ what do you think?

[mc...]

So I've decided on the micro taper plan. Somebody check my math please  >:D I take 30 mg of Tamazepam, 1 time daily in the evening for sleep. Been on it for over 12 years.

I'm going to mix my monthly dose in a minimal amount of alcohol and then add water  to make 150 mls of solution. For the first week I am going take 5 mls. Then I am going to daily drop 1/20 ml each day. If I do not have to back up or hold I will be off in the 100 days that the micro taper plan suggests. Let me know your thoughts please.

[44...]

Math looks fine.  T is soluble enough that it should stay in solution (at least at room temperature).  You might want to warm it up to room temperature and give it a good mixing each time you dose to ensure thorough mixing. 

I worry a bit about storing a med solution for a month in liquid without any preservatives.  Possibility for little microbes to get started.  Can you make solutions for a week instead of a month??

I'm mixing with vodka which will act as a preservative. But I could do a shorter period of time too. Thanks!

[44...]
fwiw - 70% alcohol (ethanol) is great preservative (we use it to sterilize our transfer hoods).  10% alcohol (probably much more than you would use) will restrict a lot of bacterial growth (but not all).  1% ethanol has only a minor effect on bacterial growth - pretty much anything will grow in it.  We commonly use 1% ethanol to test plant products against bacterial growth since the alcohol at that concentration has almost no effect.

[44...]

80 proof vodka is 40% alcohol (90 proof is 45%). 

It's the final concentration that matters.  If you added (for example) 75 milliliters of water to 25 milliliters of T dissolved in (80 proof) vodka, you'd end up with a 10% alcohol solution which would confer a moderate antibacterial environment.  If you combined 95 milliliters of water with 5 milliliters of T dissolved in vodka, you'd end up with a 2% alcohol solution which wouldn't offer much protection.

You might consider dissolving your med into vodka and storing it that way.  40% alcohol would provide high protection against most microbes.  Then you could withdraw a small amount, dilute it with some water and dose.

Yes! I started taking Benzos for insomnia 12 years ago. I have not increased from the initial dosage. I wake up after 2-4 hours of sleep. With Benzos I can go back to sleep. Without them I usually do not.

[44...]
I used them for insomnia too.  My sleep really suffered while in withdrawal/recovery, but eventually it returned to 'normal' (for me).

Mine hasn't been normal since I was a teenager. So I am worried about it. I can't function without significant sleep. But I'm not sleeping well on the Benzos anymore. It feels more like pseudo sleep and then I am groggy all day, it lifts just as it is time to go to bed. It's 10 pm and I feel ready to go now.

Just took my first taper dose ... wish me luck!

Yes! I started taking Benzos for insomnia 12 years ago. I have not increased from the initial dosage. I wake up after 2-4 hours of sleep. With Benzos I can go back to sleep. Without them I usually do not.

I've read somewhere that there are natural solutions that you might try such as valerian, kava, melatonin etc. but in case this is not enough then there are OTC meds that might help. or maybe a mixture would. not sure, just a reference.