Gavin Long and Ativan

[ba...]

Many of these killings were perpetrated by people on psych drugs and I suspect that the drugs are very much responsible in many cases. Of course anyone taking these kinds of drugs had something going on to begin with that lead them to the drugs but we all know that when you take these drugs you can end up with dozens of issues that have nothing to do with preexisting conditions. I really, really hope that someone digs deeper into this because it could be the smoking gun we need to finally put a throttle on the over prescribing of these dangerous medications.

Thank you for posting this.  I sent it to ssristories.org (though it's a benzo story) and they added it to their site right away.  They hadn't seen this, so appreciated it.

Many of these killings were perpetrated by people on psych drugs and I suspect that the drugs are very much responsible in many cases. Of course anyone taking these kinds of drugs had something going on to begin with that lead them to the drugs but we all know that when you take these drugs you can end up with dozens of issues that have nothing to do with preexisting conditions. I really, really hope that someone digs deeper into this because it could be the smoking gun we need to finally put a throttle on the over prescribing of these dangerous medications.

Hi FG,

Anecdotal evidence suggests that most here were prescribed benzos for anxiety, insomnia, RLS, and a host of other emergent symptoms that are in no way related to long term mental illness or physical aggression. However, there are many people that struggle with mental illness who are irreparably harmed by the very medication they were prescribed. 

In addition, can we please consider the children who are undergoing significant brain alterations (injury) due to benzodiazepines because they are hyperactive or autistic?  What about the children and adults, that suffer from epilepsy, who must endure amplified symptoms for many years due to these so called "medications"?  The list goes on...

Hope you are doing ok FG.

:smitten:

Thank you for posting this.  I sent it to ssristories.org (though it's a benzo story) and they added it to their site right away.  They hadn't seen this, so appreciated it.

Hi benzohno,

I appreciate you for sharing vital and timely information.  Thank you!

:smitten: