People possibly interested in a class action

[Ms...]

This law firm called me about benzodiazepines. I run the benzodiazepine awareness and legal action forum on Facebook.  (they're looking at a class action not suing the doctor - I made it clear my doctor doesn't even know what to do) They do want more people to call and talk about it regardless of the benzodiazepine you were on and the time you took it. Sokolov Law 866-444-9876

This is where we really need to show up and talk!!! Also share with your friends - we need to show them the numbers are there. Call them and sound like liquid death, if needed, I certainly sounded terrible and told them talking today was even hard - took about 8-10 minutes to talk to them

When you call say you want to do an intake

It'd be an uphill battle, but I'm on board...

I'll talk to my childhood friend in Phoenix that just finished a case with Ativan.

The problem with these class suits is that they thin out the herd of defendants dramatically if able to prove the meds weren't taken "as prescribed." Unfortunately, this simultaneously weakens the case.

Ugh.

Imagine the lawyers that Roche and other drug companies will hire lol. Plus they have the whole American system by the balls. The only chance this would have any hope is if they agree to settle.

I think there is no hope. Just image all of the lawyers Big Pharma has? And they would have to get a lot of docs from their MD Club to speak against other members of their precious club. They're losers and we are lost.

According to several friends that practice law, the best approach would be through a Multi-District Litigation (MDL). It's similar to a class action suit, but MDL's have multiple lawsuits probably because there are so many people that have varying degrees of damage from BZDs.

Having specialized in complex class action litigation and MDLs years ago, I have a lot to say on this subject! I'd try to explain class actions, MDLs, and the overlap but I'm pretty sure that would put everyone to sleep. In sum, both are incredibly complicated and it's not necessarily an either/or situation. Sizable class actions are often consolidated for pre-trial and discovery purposes by the JPML (Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation) as a MDL case. Once consolidated as a MDL, pre-trial proceedings and discovery alone can go on for nearly a decade. In my experience, MDLs are more favorable to corporate defendants. In a way they're good for plaintiffs too if they can get a large firm to be class counsel instead of 20 smaller firms lacking resources.

Not legal advice, just my personal two cents!

This law firm called me about benzodiazepines. I run the benzodiazepine awareness and legal action forum on Facebook.  (they're looking at a class action not suing the doctor - I made it clear my doctor doesn't even know what to do) They do want more people to call and talk about it regardless of the benzodiazepine you were on and the time you took it. Sokolov Law 866-444-9876

This is where we really need to show up and talk!!! Also share with your friends - we need to show them the numbers are there. Call them and sound like liquid death, if needed, I certainly sounded terrible and told them talking today was even hard - took about 8-10 minutes to talk to them

I was posting about this in another thread. I called them today and they took my information. So this is not fake? Just want to make sure I didn't give my information to the wrong people. I don't really want any money out of this I just want the drug companies to pay and the information to get out there. I hope it's not useless. :-(

I was posting about this in another thread. I called them today and they took my information. So this is not fake? Just want to make sure I didn't give my information to the wrong people. I don't really want any money out of this I just want the drug companies to pay and the information to get out there. I hope it's not useless. :-(

It's not useless, Grandma. I wish for the same thing: to simply spread awareness.

I believe the same, faultandfracture. I don't think that any of our work is useless.

I have to say I really think we should try and abstain from putting out the message that it's pointless to try, also. It's so self-defeating to the cause and it's rather negative…

it's not going to help anyone to think like this or read it. It's depressing and there really isn't a place for it but in a venting thread.

It's my opinion that there is no place for that on a thread someone started who took the time and energy and has hope for our cause.

That doesn't mean I'm judging anyone here for "naysaying," I just believe it's out of place and we need to not let energy (our own or other's) drain away like that.

This is obviously my own opinion and I have no control over the rights or freewill of other's or their own opinions, it's just that I really personally feel it's counterproductive to state that things can't change.

Imagine if so many people in history resigned to this kind of defeated thinking, when change was necessary and ethical… and even imminent.

It takes so many small motions to tip the scale in our favor, you never know what's possible.

It is possible for us to continue to gain ground in spreading awareness and all forms of activism for ourselves and others who have suffered, are suffering and who will suffer this plight.