Benzo, gaba and glutamate interactions

[Be...]

Hi folks.  I have an old lawyer friend from back in college days kind of interested in what happened to all of us.  She's also a zoologist so she has some knowledge of chemistry.  She has asked me for some reference material so she can get a basic understanding of the interactions between benzos, gaba and glutamate.

I know there are some good basic articles out there, I just don't have time to hunt them down here.  I haven't been hanging out here for a while and have lost track of everything.  Can someone provide me with some of those links?  Thank you.  :)

Look up the benzo buddy on this forum, Perserverence.  She posted many threads on this forum with research articles. 

Thank you Becks and abcd.

Please keep your ideas and links coming.  I want to introduce her to all this, not scare her off.  Diagrams of the synapse would help with accompanying chemistry models.  I've seen them here before, just don't know where they are anymore.  Discussion in laymans terms would help, and I've seen those here, too.  If she requests more advanced discussions after an initial review then I'll be able to use some of the information like abcd has offered.  Not sure I can share Pers's information without approval.