Dr. Oz today (New)- Inside America's Fastest Growing Obsession- Sleeping Pills

[be...]

"New, Dr. Oz Investigation:  Inside America's Fastest Growing Obsession-An investigation into sleeping pills and why more people are popping them before bed."

I'm in Canada.  It's on at 12:00 noon and 4:00 today.  Does he know it's World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day? ::)

edit:  added 12:00 noon

Darn, I can't see that link here in Canada. I do hope we'll be able to see the show another way. I'm curious to see how he tackles the subject.

I'm in the UK and it works!!

The sneak preview features a woman who was prescribed ambien by her doctor, it worked at the beginning then she increased her dose to get the desired effect. She wanted her doctor to up her dose/ refill a prescription early and as he said no, she went to another doc to get a second prescription. It shows a reconstruction of her hiding her meds in her sock drawers, saying her family and friends were seeing changes in her behaviour etc...

Would be great to have anyone from the US letting us know about the show!!  :thumbsup:

TV is off for the summer at my house, so any who watch it, can you please give a quick synopsis of it for me/us?  Thanks!

Yeah, that was a waste of time.  Over the course of two years on the Ambien the lady lost her job, her husband, her kids.  She said it's important to seek professional help.  >:(  She went to rehab, got "better", though she looked bad to me, asleep really, zoned out.  Wonder what other drugs they gave her at rehab.  She looked so much better in the early photos they showed of her.

After the break Oz came back to say something to the effect of, I'm going to tell you something you've never heard about sleeping pills.  He had a big graphic of the brain behind him. I thought, "Oh good, something about rewiring, damage?".  All he said was that people who took a pill only slept 15 min longer. 

It's wasn't a long segment, just 15 min of the show or so.  The rest was about naps, snoring...

Switching back to Seinfeld to restore sanity after watching about 3-5 seconds of that "1984" inspired garbage.

Gag me with a spoon,

a from the golden state.

Not tryin' to be rude... Dr. Oz just is what someone else already said on this thread. Couldn't stomach it. He's full of garbage... In it for the money. Depressing but true.

Ya, it was pretty  pitiful.  Don't forget that big pharma is paying the bills for his show. 

I also wondered what drug they gave the woman who spent 30 days in rehab for Ambien. Probably valium.  But she said she is no longer taking "sleeping pills ".  He also did a segment on how to nap, and one on whether you should  sleep in the same bed as your spouse.  So helpful and informative,  lol!  I  didn't expect much, though.