How long does it take Klonopin to dissolve in whole milk? And...

[bl...]

Can a little bit of water be used to assist in the dissolving?

Thank you in advance for any insight/answer.

Hi Bleunoir,

I use generic Klonopin  and mine takes about an hour. I just drop them in milk and shake, but I like to leave it for 24 hours. I make it a day ahead of time. I have spilled my Klonopin milk and had to make it again and only had to wait about an hour and it was fine.

I have used brand Klonopin and I believe that took about the same time, maybe a little longer. 

I have never used water to dissolve it. I would not do that.  You can add water after but I wouldn't do it before.

Jenny

Thank you for the reply. My pill didn't dissolve, even though I used whole milk. I must have done something wrong.

Just an FYI, this info is for my husband. He wants to get off it and I c/t'd, so I don't want him to experience the same hell.

You might see fillers and color in the bottom of the jar but that's okay.

How much milk are you using and how many mgs of Klonopin are you putting in it?

Congrats to you for getting off. That's a hard way to do it.

I mg of pill in 100 ml of milk. When I came home from work, it was dissolved. Maybe it just take a few hours, and I was being impatient. So at least that's solved.

Thanks for the congrats. I highly recommend NOT C/T'ing, (as does everyone here) but by the time I found this site, I was too far in. The support of this board has been immeasurable. I mostly lurk, but my relationships via PM have saved my sanity.

• 2 years later...

You might see fillers and color in the bottom of the jar but that's okay.

How much milk are you using and how many mgs of Klonopin are you putting in it?

Congrats to you for getting off. That's a hard way to do it.

I have the same question.  Most have said it dissolves quickly, at least by one hour.  After 1.5 hours, I see lots of small/fine particles at the bottom, almost like orange dust.  I'm sure it will break down more over time, but I'm curious about this filler comment and if those fillers always remain visible and don't break down completely.  I guess its a question of time...how long does it take for the medicine to become 100% part of the solution?  I'm using a 0.5mg pill in 100mL of whole milk.

I'm not experienced with clonazepam, but I do know about pills.

Pills have more ingredients in them than just the drug. They need those ingredients to be a pill. Smashing the drug alone into a pill form will not make a pill. It will just fall apart. Pill have binders, disintigrants, lubricants (so it can slide off the puncher), and colorants (usually ferric oxide). They may also have fillers to make the pills bigger. 0.5 mg of drug is a tiny tiny amount. Most people on BB when they weigh their pills they find the pills weigh 175 to 225 mg (or 0.175 to 0.225 grams).  200 milligrams, of which only 0.5 milligrams is drug. That means only one-quarter of one percent of the pill is drug!

Some of those ingredients don't dissolve in water. Instead they absorb water and swell to make a gel. But the one pill is small compared to 100 mL water so it doesn't really affect the water that much. If you used a lot of pills the water would become thick and viscous.