Neurotoxicity

[Cl...]

Okay but I heard that neurotoxicity can cause permanent brain damage if it is beyond eps ever for over a year.im scared. I will kill myself if I am to live like this forever .

• 1 year later...

Brain, I got slammed with Cymbalta and Lexapro.  Dr. gave no wash out period  :tickedoff: 

I've had Serotonin Syndrome before (Mirtazapine and Lexapro, same deal no wash out) and don't know whether I got another dose out of this last (a month ago) experience.  I will never trust doctors unquestionably again. 

What symptoms are you experiencing?  I still have tremor and my gait is not right.  Anxiety peaking. 

I get really tiny windows but then it returns.  Some hope here, I guess. 

Don't know what I've got but it is disturbing.  Trying to stabilise on 2mg Valium. 

Dee

Dee...I have cognitive decline...derealization...inability to process much or comprehend/higher order thinking...can't function..bizarre mental...multiple chemical sensitivity...agitation...really screwed

It's awful Brain.  I get all that you describe, and if I was hit with another dose of Serotonin Syndrome guess it could be described as neurotoxicity.  When Cymbalta and Lexapro collided it felt like I was going to die, insane, sick.  My eyes felt like they were bulging out of my head.  I'm still not stable by any stretch.  :sick:

Read somewhere that SS can last for up to 5 weeks (pretty definitive timeline, doh!).  I have felt some improvement in that the mania has lessened but basically still screwed. 

Hope you are finding some little improvements.  I'm grateful for anything these days. 

Dee  x

what you are describing is more likely caused by the up regulation of the glutamate receptors than anything else and it just takes time for those to reduce - staying gluten free during withdrawal helps a lot

Dee...I have cognitive decline...derealization...inability to process much or comprehend/higher order thinking...can't function..bizarre mental...multiple chemical sensitivity...agitation...really screwed

Holy crap - sounds precisely how I feel. Got to look into this. - I'm at 18 mo. off K and I'm just a wreck. Has been a freaking nightmare. Sounds like it has been for you too - perhaps more so.