Intense FEAR!

[...]

WOW! Where do I start! Well I have been tapering off 7 mg of klonopon since January. I am now at 3 mg of valium. I am getting there but I have hit a speed bump! :) Anyhow my WD has been like a roller coaster. I recently had my gall bladder removed. Not a bad surgery but I needed to take vicadon for the pain, about a week. I have stopped taking vicadon, and I am experiencing intense fear for no reason. I could be watching TV and fear comes on, driving, eating etc. This is just scary. I hate feeling this way. I'm miserable. I feel very discouraged.! Anyhow I don't know where my question is:) I just need some encouragement. Thanks!

[9a...]

WOW! Where do I start! Well I have been tapering off 7 mg of klonopon since January. I am now at 3 mg of valium. I am getting there but I have hit a speed bump! :) Anyhow my WD has been like a roller coaster. I recently had my gall bladder removed. Not a bad surgery but I needed to take vicadon for the pain, about a week. I have stopped taking vicadon, and I am experiencing intense fear for no reason. I could be watching TV and fear comes on, driving, eating etc. This is just scary. I hate feeling this way. I'm miserable. I feel very discouraged.! Anyhow I don't know where my question is:) I just need some encouragement. Thanks!

Yoda- first may I say that I am glad the gall bladder surgery went well and you are on your way to feeling better. As for the intense anxiety, it could be a w/d symptom and also, a side effect of the surgery. I have heard many say they experience a rough patch after a surgery; surgeries bring stress and uncertainty...add to that a benzo taper and viola...you might have some heightened anxiety. Accept it in, make friends with it, deep breath's and let if flow away.

Just Breathe :smitten:

Hi Yoda:

Glad you made it through the surgery.  I went through a period of having attacks of terrible fear.  I found that the best thing for me was to sit still, stare straight ahead, think about nothing and breathe.  The thinking about nothing part is the most important because I found that if I let myself think, the fear would bring me terrible thoughts.

ntw

[9a...]

Thanks for your encouragement. I do the samething and also just trying to stay occupied helps a great deal! :thumbsup:

Yoda- distractions are one of the many coping skills for dealing with anxiety :thumbsup:

JB

Yoda,

Glad to hear the surgery went well, so sorry to hear about the heightened anxiety issues. I know this feeling all to well and it is my close friend. The advice given by the other posts are all good. I try not to empower this feeling any more than need be. I know this is very hard especially when it seems so overpowering, but with everyone that passes it will get better, believe it. Glad you are better and hope this too shall pass. Take care buddy, use the force dude! Speedy healing your way!!

Sid