Dr. Kelly Brogan: Benzos: A Dance with the Devil

[Se...]

She is one amazing psychiatrist.  I'm reading her book and have subscribed to her blog.  I is so gratifying to see someone so prominent speaking out.

http://kellybroganmd.com/benzos/?utm_source=Kelly+Brogan+MD+Newsletter&utm_campaign=81e934abd5-Benzos%3A+A+Dance+With+the+Devil&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d0f977a8c5-81e934abd5-122010197

She couldn't get the mainstream news networks to invite her to speak on their shows - total blackball.  So she is doing it in a novel way, grassroots so to speak.  Book is great, btw.  Really recoomend it.

:smitten:

Alison

Thank you for this SS.  This is one amazing woman.  So glad she is out there doing what she is doing.  Wow.

Thanks Sachi, I remember you!  We're about 6 months apart on jump date.  I'm dealing with pain at 37 months out but better than I was a year ago and no comparison to the first 23 months with no windows!

Thanks for the comment!  Wish more people would see this.  She is really fantastic.  I highly recommend her book and am going to try some of her amino acids.  Did you see the other article I posted, an interview with her not long ago?

:smitten:

Ali

Hi Ali,

I'm pleased to see how you've been improving this past year!!  I'm still healing slowly.  Windows and waves more distinct now, with more GI problems and bowel? pain where for a long time I felt just a kind of shock/ paralysis in there,  still have pain like you and all feels fraught much of the time- very persecutory/OCD thinking and existential angst, too much fight or flight, but windows are better and better and I feel so much closer to normal, at times. 

I just watched the interview of Dr. Brogan with Dr. Perlmutter.  Not sure if that's the one you posted, but I'm going to look around more on her website later.  The interview we watched was AMAZING.  She is so eloquent.  It makes me hopeful to hear another psychiatrist telling the TRUTH as we know it.  Interesting how she said she had a lot of unlearning to do and for a long time she was angry and now she's not.  I kept thinking how she seems so...well, not angry.  Also interesting and not surprising she was blacklisted by TV.  I put her book on hold at the library.

Thank you again :smitten:

I contacted Dr. Perlmutter's office awhile back about possibly getting an appointment after seeing some articles he was quoted in that proved that he is benzo wise. Didn't end up going through with it since it would have been cost prohibitive and I knew that there wasn't really anything that he could do for me anyway but it's good to see that there are a few docs out there who are fighting the good fight.

Yes, FG,  I didn't know until today that he is also benzo-wise.  I knew him from his book, Grain Brain and saw him on PBS and Dr. Oz regarding his book about gluten-free etc. diet. Would be great if he could talk about benzos on PBS and Dr. Oz, but I guess that won't happen any time soon, being TV and all...It is good to know there is another doc fighting the good fight. :thumbsup:  I like him even more now.

Maybe you can have some of the benzo-wise docs contact the late night radio show Coast to Coast AM and share their stuff there.  Or you could contact them and try to get them to do a show on benzo's, etc?

coasttocoastam.com

Yes, FG,  I didn't know until today that he is also benzo-wise.  I knew him from his book, Grain Brain and saw him on PBS and Dr. Oz regarding his book about gluten-free etc. diet. Would be great if he could talk about benzos on PBS and Dr. Oz, but I guess that won't happen any time soon, being TV and all...It is good to know there is another doc fighting the good fight. :thumbsup:  I like him even more now.

Yea, he seemed pretty sincere in this video. I wish I could have at least had a chat with him. He is located here in FL so distance wasn't an issue but I just couldn't see shelling out a lot of money just to get some validation from a physician. He wanted to do a 90 minute initial consultation and I am sure that is the reason why it was so expensive. I can appreciate the fact that he wants to take the time to figure out what is going on (and I am sure he wants to rule out other causes) but since I have no doubt as to what this is and I've been around it long enough to know that time is really the only cure I just couldn't justify it.

Maybe you can have some of the benzo-wise docs contact the late night radio show Coast to Coast AM and share their stuff there.  Or you could contact them and try to get them to do a show on benzo's, etc?

coasttocoastam.com

Yes, I think they'd be interested!

I've heard Dr Peter breggings on.

Yea, he seemed pretty sincere in this video. I wish I could have at least had a chat with him. He is located here in FL so distance wasn't an issue but I just couldn't see shelling out a lot of money just to get some validation from a physician. He wanted to do a 90 minute initial consultation and I am sure that is the reason why it was so expensive. I can appreciate the fact that he wants to take the time to figure out what is going on (and I am sure he wants to rule out other causes) but since I have no doubt as to what this is and I've been around it long enough to know that time is really the only cure I just couldn't justify it.

Amen  :)

Dr. Peter Breggin mentioned the benzo's once on coast to coast AM and said they affect muscles and memory.  I never forgot it.  He's not on that radio show anymore, I don't think.  Haven't heard him lately.

Dr. Peter Breggin mentioned the benzo's once on coast to coast AM and said they affect muscles and memory.  I never forgot it.  He's not on that radio show anymore, I don't think.  Haven't heard him lately.

I heard him on coast to coast am one night, he was being interviewed.

I wish Breggin would be on more often.  I like listening to him.  Maybe he's on early.  I don't listen the first hour.