Can someone help me with the maths please, thankyou

[7a...]

[7a...]

I'm on 73.9mgs valium  a day (today's dose, I'm cutting at 0.1mg, and have been for the last two weeks. If I use this same cut every day, how long will it take me get off, I cannot work out whether its 2 yrs or 20, thanks.

If it's the latter, I think I might need to up my cut.

I'm on 73.9mgs valium  a day (today's dose, I'm cutting at 0.1mg, and have been for the last two weeks. If I use this same cut every day, how long will it take me get off, I cannot work out whether its 2 yrs or 20, thanks.

If it's the latter, I think I might need to up my cut.

If you stick with the 10% rule (I would recommend 4-6weeks in between cuts to begin with) then you would take 73.9 X .90=66.51. For the next cut you would take 66.50 X .90 etc. If it's too much, use .95 instead of .90. Listen to your body and try to stabilize between cuts and you'll get off eventually. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you are progressing and make sure to cut smart so you can still live your life.  :)--V

At your rate of 0.1mg per day, you are only cutting 1.9% every 2 weeks (at your current dose of 73.9mg)

Ashton calls for 5% - 10% every 1 - 2 weeks.

At 0.1 mg per day, your taper will take 27 months, and you'll be down to 1.1mg of V

I you are not having bad symptoms, you could do larger cuts and shorten that time.

J-man

[7a...]

@[Va...]

Many thanks for your help, so relieved it won't take 20yrs.

I have got really bad IBS which seems to be worsening, but I don't know if the last two days worsening of my IBS is due to not eating much in these last two days?

I'm tapering pregabalin at the same time as I cannot afford to buy one drug while I wait to taper off another. I was on 600mg at xmas, and am down to 202mg, cuttig 2mg a day. Dosing pregab 5 times a day due to short half life, dosing val twice a day.

My  pregab symptoms were really bad when i was on 500-600mg but since tapering daily, sx faded. Started pregab cuts 5mg a day, and reduced cuts to 4mg a day, then 3mg a day, now 2mg a day, hope I dont have to go to 1mg a day as I dont have enough capsules to do that.

I dissolve them in water, as they are water soluble.

thanks again for this extra question re worsening IBS