Low bottom number on my blood pressure

[Ne...]

Hi everyone...I posted on KK as well. I'm concerned that the bottom number of my blood pressure is only 58/59. Anyone else get this?

New Girl

Did they check your iron? My BP drops when it gets low. Most people on here talk about theirs going up during withdrawal.

Mine can get low, but not quite as low as that. This began to happen about 6 months after I began my exercise routine, so I blame it on that. My systolic can be low too. I had surgery recently and they checked it and it came out to 93/62, so they were thinking of not doing it. After I came out of the surgery, it was 110/71, so go figure. :o

Betsy

My blood pressure gets this low, it isn't anything to be too concerned about.  What is your upper number?

This was especially the case when my adrenal fatigue was severe.  It has a lot to do with DHEA, a hormone that your body produces and it regulates sodium in your body.  You can try drinking a glass of water with 1/2 tsp to 3/4 tsp of good quality sea salt (or Himilayan sea salt) in the mornings first thing to help, especially if you are very tired or light headed on standing.

It should get better as you farther out in withdrawal - withdrawal is very taxing on the adrenals and benzodiazepines and/or z-drugs (zopiclone, Ambien, Lunesta) don't allow your body to reach the very deep level of restorative sleep where your hormones are synthesized.  It causes a lot of HPA axis dysregulation.  My adrenals did not heal until I was off for 3 years, it is a long road back to heal for some of us.

:smitten:

Ali

Thanks for responding you guys. I drank some water and coconut water to hydrate. It got back up to around 65. It has been in the 60's through the tail end of this taper. Feeling much better mentally after hearing from you guys. It's really great to have benzo buddies...wish it was just buddies without the benzo part☺️

Jan

I had a lot of BP fluctuations after C/T withdrawl. It was super high and then went low , but not low like yours. Our adrenals get really messed up. Also I put Celtic Sea Salt on my food to help raise aldosterone which helps to balance out the adrenals.

I've had mine go as low as 90/49 but I guess my body knows what it's doing because it up-regulates pretty quickly. I am on metoprolol for high BP, I should note. My typical is 117/70.

A tip is to drink 16 oz of water relatively quickly. It raises your BP for the next couple of hours.

In general though, as long as you feel OK, you are OK. I know, hard to tell when you're tapering. :crazy: