How slow are you going on a Valium taper

[Su...]

It's important to share how we are each tapering.  I personally found the Ashton Manual very good until I got to ?last amounts.  Now I have to hold on and cut less to function...

Guess no one's interested I got of clonxzepam know Valium.  Now tiratioñ tapering. It's going better.  I've found the low dose for me is around 11mg and I have had to slow way down to function.

Easy to tell by the side affects.  If I'm in a mess I'm now thinking .25 drop what are all of you doing?

Hi Surviving

I had to slow way way down at the very end of my Valium taper in order to continue feeling well. It all worked out and I'm fine now. I would say just taper at whatever rate you feel reasonably well at and continue all the way down to 0. It took me close to 2 years but I arrived at 0 pretty close to healed. Others will be able to taper faster and some will need more time. You can see my taper rate for the last couple of milligrams on my sig line. I could certainly have gone faster but would most likely have had more symptoms. Keep on plugging and one day you will be off benzos and feeling fine.

Good luck

Bart

Are you doing a daily taper? Have you found it better than c/h?

Are you still having a lot of sx's?

I can't decide b/w the 2 methods.

I have tapered down fro 7.5 mg Valium to 1.5 mg by pill splitting. And making cuts of about 2.5 mg and then by .5 mg as I got closer to 1.5.

But when I cut from 1.5 to 1.25 I hit a wall. I was a novice to all this and did not know that you are supposed to make smaller cuts as your dose gets smaller . And you are supposed to hold longer if your symptoms get worse.  Boy did I learn the hard way.

I held my last dose ( 1.25 )  for  a month with really bad s/x

And now I am holding still.

Well I just switched to liquid valium( Roxane liquid which can be mixed with plain water)'

I went up to 1.30 ( updose .05mg ) and so far feel much better.

From now on I am going to micro taper  with the liquid Valium diluted to a 10:1 solution.

I will micro taper by either .05 each time and hold fir five days, or do a daily .01 taper and down dose every day, and holding If side effects appear.

I know it is oh SOOO slow. But I am tired of these awful side effects, and from what I understand, the slower you go, The better you feel. You are giving your brain the time it needs to heal.  I'm in no hurry. I just want to get through this as easily as possible!

Heathcliff

I will micro taper by either .05 each time and hold fir five days, or do a daily .01 taper and down dose every day, and holding If side effects appear.

I just want to get through this as easily as possible!

Heathcliff

The daily taper will be more tolerable.

BUILDER,

THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT the .01 daily taper will be more tolerable.

I was undecided about the micro taper. So now I know I will do the micro taper and down dose Daily by .01mg

And then I'll hold if I get any bad withdrawals . Actually BellaP told me the same thing. You two have sure helped me! 

By the way, I did hold my dose at 1.25 and did not up dose to 1.30 when I switched to the liquid.

So as soon as I hold my 1.25 dose for another month,( because I was holding for a month already because of a previous too big cut), I will start my downward .01 micro daily dosing.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

:) That's it the daily taper I've found much easier.  Of course there is thought to faster.  No way at 10%. At lower doses.  Hit that at around 11mg V even before that having problems.  Weaning from 165mg.  It's been over a year.  It was brutal until I found this site and a daily taper.  Thanks as I could not function and was bedridden.  Listen to builder!!!  Kgirl!!!  And others.

Have a good weekend.