Advice Please

[ce...]

[ce...]
Ive been on V for 8weeks andin the last 3of those tapered down to zero. Ive been off 17 days now and was wondering if I should reinstate as Im having bad wds or try and hang on in the hope things improve. Whats your view guys and if I hang on when should i expect to see an improvement?

I personally would not.  It looks like you had 5 weeks of use and then did a three week taper. That  sounds like a fairly reasonable taper, and even those who taper often struggle when they are done with their taper.  At 17 days in you are still in the acute phase of withdrawal. This is when symptoms are their very worst and at times can be severe. The majority of people will feel marked improvement past that point.  Everything you are experiencing now are just temporary symptoms. They will pass in time. 

[ce...]
Thanks Benzos. I was on an average of 10mg during those 5weeks and up to 15mg for a few days so it wasnt a huge dose but big enough. The taper down was quick anf I now have bad tinittus and insomnia along with anx and dp so thats why i was considering reinstating then a slow taper.

I was in the acute phase for like two months but I was taken off quickly in rehab. Yours should only last abt a month and it sucks but if you can make it through you might feel better soon.

I would definitely not go back on V.

I had a similar experience and even though i was forced to stop a couple weeks early from the taper by a quinolone. I didn't reinstate and i am glad i didn't.

Never knew how bad all these drugs are for you as i put trust in my doctor. That was a bad choice and now i am happy to be free of all of those drugs.

Just hoping my complicated case that I will recover. You should recover fine from just the Valium. Acute was 2-3 months and things improved.

Marc

I would stick it out and not reinstate.  You're a short time user which is to your advantage.  If you were to get back on there's no guarantee symtoms would improve and you'd be stuck trying to taper once again.  This is a risk I wouldn't take!

Sending you strength & hope ❤

[ce...]
Thanks everyone. Im going to tough it out. I managed 7 hours sleep last night which is good but im still very low but surviving.

Day 18 and wds worse than ever. Seriously considering a reinstatement now as im finding it intolerable.

Hello Staz!  :smitten:

I'm sorry you are struggling! Please know that what you are experiencing is VERY common during withdrawal and recovery. You are still in the acute phase, your sxs (symptoms) will lessen in time. There is NO guarantee that reinstating as someone else mentioned, that it will help. Chances are, it will not. Right now it may seem like taking the pills again will be better, but I promise you, it will not make it stop,  and then you'd reach tolerance a lot quicker and then still have to come back off the benzodiazepine again. Subsequent use (on and off) will cause what is called kindling, it's no fun at all!! Trust me when I tell you this. The only way to get well, is to not take any more benzodiazepines, ever.

We are here for you! Please stay strong hun!! It will get better..in time!

BIG :hug:

[ce...]

Day 18 and wds worse than ever. Seriously considering a reinstatement now as im finding it intolerable.

Thanks blessed. My depression and insomnia are crushing me and I am loosing hope. I just can't see any light at the end of the long dark tunnel. My thoughts are very dark atm.

Hi.  I am so sorry to hear this.  I am titrating right now so I expect for the same in the end.  This said, do you think you can increase your dosage of Mirtazapene?  It looks like you are on a maintenance dose.  This anti-depressant is very helpful for sleep and depression and it works fast.  Just a thought - maybe ask your doctor?  Best to you, Sprinkly

[ce...]

Sxs's still bad. Doc won't change my meds and wants me to stay off of the V as she thinks if I go back on there is a risk that I may not be able to get off of if I reinstate.

I'm not sure how much longer I can hang on though.

Staz, did your doctor explain why you are taking two anti-depressants?  It seems to me that if you dropped the SSRI and upped your dosage of Mirtazapene, your chances of success are far greater.  Either folks do well or lousy on SSRI's.  There seems to be no in between, and they do not help you sleep.  For the most part, SSRI's are "active" antidepressants even though they dull your senses, thereby staving off panic attacks, etc.  Mirtazapene is a sleepy anti-depressant and it is strong (so fairly quick acting).  Everyone is different as we all know, but a good night's sleep is crucial to success with this.  Perhaps you can seek a second opinion?  I would dump the SSRI.

Your doctor is correct, though, in her sentiment that reinstating V would only worsen matters.

Hang in there!

[ce...]

Hi Sprinkly.

It was my bad reaction to the SSRI that got me on V in the first place. Then pregabalin into the mix as well as my anxiety was through the roof by this point. I'm only on 5mg of the SSRI when the therapeutic dose is 10mg so I think it's as g9od as useless and should go at some point. Got to beat the V first though. Still tempted to reinstate and do a slow taper.

Hey Staz, I think it was the fast taper.  That was almost supersonic.  I understand what you are going through and why you are so tempted to reinstate at some level, and maybe 5mg. of V wouldn't be a bad idea.  It will probably make you feel better.  I wouldn't go more than 5 - then taper down 1 mg. every two weeks (as opposed to 1mg. each week).  During this time you can also ditch the SSRI while maintaining the Remeron if you are doing ok with it.  You'll undoubtedly need a little help vis a vis some sort of anti-depressant (preferably sleepy) post- withdrawal.  Does this make any sense?

I am sorry you feel like garbage.  For whatever reason, I didn't realize you had tapered so quickly.  I am now at 12 mg./day after tapering from Klonopin to Valium, I will taper to 10 mg./day next week and then 1 mg. every week until I am on 5 mg..  Then, I will probably heed my own advice, assess how I am feeling and reduce 1mg. every two weeks.

Wishing you the best Staz,

Sprinkly

Don't go back on them. Withdrawal sucks big time. I was acute for almost 3 months. I would never go back. Distract yourself and wait it out. You could kindle or not have your symptoms go away even reinstating. Suck it up. Get some friends and family on speed dial. Watch Netflix.  I'm 5 months off from cold turkey detox. Just starting to see the light. But if I didn't have my partner I would have killed myself. Good luck don't go back.