Need help with a plan to taper

[Ar...]

I use .25 - .50 clonazepam 3-4 times a week. I want to stop using it all together but am Very confused on how much and how quickly to cut down. Since I am on such a small dose and have been using a relatively short time, maybe 2 months at the dose, feel as if I could taper pretty quickly and be done with it. But I want to be safe about it.

Thanks for your help!

Also I have seen calculations of really small amounts, how in the world do you calculate doses that small, and cut then to be accurate?

[00...]

Since you seem to skip days, what are your symptoms like on the days you skip?  Do you ever take 2-3-4 days off?  If so, what are those days like?

You're smart for wanting to to be done with these drugs.  You may be able to taper fairly quickly, but the 'normal' rate around here is on the order of 5-10% every couple of weeks.  If you can go faster without significant withdrawal symptoms, then go for it.  Let your body be your guide and remember that it can take a day or three for withdrawal symptoms to begin to show up.

If you are withdrawal symptomatic when you take a couple of days off, then you'll probably want to get stable on a particular dose (0.25, for example), then begin making small cuts.  There are lots of ways to do this.  A lot of people do a liquid taper where they dissolve their med in some suitable liquid and take decreasing amounts of that liquid each day.  Others will crush you and weigh their pill and take decreasing amounts each day.  The cuts are usually small and depend on how you're feeling each day.  Cuts for a daily taper will be on the order of 0.1% to 0.5% per day, depending on the individual.

There's a daily micro tapering group that is very active/helpful.  My only advice is that once you decide on a tapering method, you stick with it.  People who move back and forth from solid -> liquid -> solid -> liquid often have some difficulties. 

The days I skip I don't notice much, I have gone 2 days, I don't think 3 in the past month or so. I feel fine usually I end up taking one because of anxiety flaring up or because I am in physical pain due to MS and just want to sleep. I always take at bedtime. Maybe a few months ago during the day for anxiety just once or twice.. I took  .25 mg last night and decided that I wanted to try to quit, which led me here. I am actually having some anxiety today but I think it is because I am over thinking stopping clonazepam. I wonder if I just try stopping, without a taper and it gets too rough if I could go back to .25 and start from there. I am just really confused and unsure of what to do.

[00...]
I agree that you can try simply quitting.  If it gets bad, you can reinstate at 0.25 and begin a taper.  The normal window for reinstatement is around two weeks, but if you make it for over a week, then I'd be tempted to toss the pills (responsibly).