this really helped me: dialogues with myself

[Ma...]

that sounds strange, but probably many of us reach the point when you CANNOT continue moaning to friends and family..and they cannot say anything that will give you hope..

I started to write letters to myself with encouraging words. But that was not enough.

Then

I startet to write down dialogues, as if I had 2 people inside me.. One was the desperate one and could say anything wanted and the other one was my mother-like self.

You always have both sides, both wolfs, in your soul.

Letting the both speak was amazing. Funny, sometimes. And very affecting.

And were perfect screen-plays!

After years a therapist told me that this is a strategy to cope with trauma... well .. I did create that on my own.. :P

I hope its understandable what I mean.

Anyone tried that?

Love,

Marigold

Hi Marigold, well what really helps me is to keep very distracted, I work on my Threads, and I post some to other buddies when I feel I might have something to add, or to someone like you, that no matter what you are going through brings Sunshine to us here at BB. Now I do sometimes tend to talk to myself, but since the Benzo nut is always trying to work his black magic on me, he is trying to make me forget what I am trying to say, so really it is a constant battle for good to win out over that hogwash of critter. But we must use all he tools we can find to fight, and always be aware that we may be 10 steps ahead of Benzo's and it is always gaining on us, so I accept that I am going to have bad days and so grateful when I have good days. Mindfulness Mediation helps also. And most of all listening to all kinds of Music, it is really soothing and I lose myself for a while. You continue to be an inspiration to all of us here new and vets. Have the best day you can and I know you will. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

P.S Have you thought of starting on your Progress Log and writing there, no one but you and your thoughts, of course many will still read, also perhaps a Blog, they are fun and it keeps you busy and you really meet a bunch of great buddies. :) 

P.S Have you thought of starting on your Progress Log and writing there, no one but you and your thoughts, of course many will still read, also perhaps a Blog, they are fun and it keeps you busy and you really meet a bunch of great buddies. :)

thanks for your words.. :my buddy:

I thought about that but in the moment it would be too much for I am writing a lot at night like a diary or later book if heaven wants it..  but I keep that in mind!!

Marigold,

This is such a great way to help yourself. I have been in therapy during this taper and my therapist keeps telling me to be more compassionate to myself, love myself, I am enough etc. I started talking to the mirror - seeing myself and my inner being as two separate people and I feel so much more comfortable with myself now!!  There has been a huge difference. I even hold my own hand when I go out for a walk.  I never feel alone.  I have stopped being violent to Moya in my annoyances and upset at self. I am a much better person. This I guess is a form of Mindfulness. It works. :smitten:

Love M XX

Good for you Moya and Marigold. But I don't plan to remove the covers on my mirrors until I am healed.  It would scare me to death. :D

Betsy

Good for you Moya and Marigold. But I don't plan to remove the covers on my mirrors until I am healed.  It would scare me to death. :D

Betsy

You misunderstood me. I was writing the dialogues on my computer. I would never speak to a mirror..

So - try it. You are a writer, you would be good in that for sure.

Ian wondering if I should post some of my dialogues here.. perhaps that could help others..

Betsy

You misunderstood me. I was writing the dialogues on my computer. I would never speak to a mirror..

So - try it. You are a writer, you would be good in that for sure.

Ian wondering if I should post some of my dialogues here.. perhaps that could help others..

Hey I knew what you were talking about. I just had to put my mirror in some place and this seemed like a good idea. :laugh: I do often get up in the morning and just write, write and write~~for myself and not for pay. I've been doing this since the benzos hit me like a Mack truck 10 years ago, so I have a book by now. Maybe I can sell it on my street corner. And by all means, put yours here. :thumbsup:

Betsy

Maybe we can share manuscripts............... >:D

Sure. I want fees. >:D

Sorry, but some people can steal intellectual property and not pay for it. :tickedoff: Ask FJ63 how she feels about that. I could be retired by now. Bugs the hell out of me. I should get paid by my former employer for putting my stuff on the web. Maybe you can share here and you know who can put it on his "site."

Sorry, but some people can steal intellectual property and not pay for it. :tickedoff: Ask FJ63 how she feels about that. I could be retired by now. Bugs the hell out of me. I should get paid by my former employer for putting my stuff on the web. Maybe you can share here and you know who can put it on his "site."

I made that experience with an employer too.. It still makes me angry. I don't know how things are like in your country but here its difficult to save the right of your written words.. complicated.. :tickedoff:

I made that experience with an employer too.. It still makes me angry. I don't know how things are like in your country but here its difficult to save the right of your written words.. complicated.. :tickedoff:

If it's a magazine, no. But a book does have copy right, though some people still seem to steal pages here and there. The Beatles had to pay $$$$ millions on various songs for stealing the music, not the lyrics. And we call thought they were so sweet. No so, after many bios I have read about them. That made me feel badly. John was just a thug and beat up everyone all of the time. And he could not play the guitar. He faked it. :o

Betsy