At what point do you micro or liquid taper? dry tapered to 7mg diazepam...

[re...]

I am at 7mg diazepam. I was thinking I would dry cut until 5mg, then proceed with a micro taper (is micro dry with a scale?) or liquid taper. Any insight about this would be greatly appreciated. I just thought I would ask here first.

Thank you

redwoods  :)

You can do a microtaper with tablets and a scale, but liquid is much easier and reliably consistent.

There  is an Rx liquid available (Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution), or you can liquify your tablets with a small amount of vodka or propylene glycol, them dilute with water to whatever concentration works best for you.

I did a C&H taper from 15 down to 9, then started with liquid daily taper.  Knowing what I know now, I would have done liquid daily microtaper from the very beginning.

Thank you Builder! It sounds like the oral diazepam solution would be easier. When you say C&H I am thinking that must be Cut and Hold? I am holding, have been holding a long time. I am thinking this holding is hurting me. Can you direct me to a site on here or elsewhere that could explain to this benzo cog fog mind how to go about liquid or scale taper? Is the liquid and scale both considered micro tapers? I know I have asked this before but that was some time ago and I forget. Thank you for your patience. I appreciate your time!

redwoods  :)

Hi Builder or anyone else who can help,

I am planning on switching from Valium pills to Roxane liquid. I am at 1.25 mg Valium .i am going to mix it with water to make a 10:1 solution and do a micro taper of about .01 everyday.

I have read  on some posts that some people find that the liquid is stronger than the same dose in pill form.

Is this true? Or could it be that they are not making an exact solution. When mixing with water?

Should I down dose a little when I switch to liquid?

Should I just keep the dose the same and see what happens before starting the micro cut that I plan on?

Also, I am now at three doses a day, (.5, .25, and.5).

After I am used to the liquid Valium, I plan on changing to two equal daily doses, and then go down to one dose a day. Do people usually have trouble going from three doses a day to one dose a day? Or will I just have to try it and see how it goes?

I hate to be tied down to taking a liquid with me where ever I go because I have a mid day dose!

Advice please?

Thanks Heathcliff

Hi Builder or anyone else who can help,

I am planning on switching from Valium pills to Roxane liquid. I am at 1.25 mg Valium .i am going to mix it with water to make a 10:1 solution and do a micro taper of about .01 everyday.

I have read  on some posts that some people find that the liquid is stronger than the same dose in pill form.

Is this true? Or could it be that they are not making an exact solution. When mixing with water?

Should I down dose a little when I switch to liquid?

Should I just keep the dose the same and see what happens before starting the micro cut that I plan on?

Also, I am now at three doses a day, (.5, .25, and.5).

After I am used to the liquid Valium, I plan on changing to two equal daily doses, and then go down to one dose a day. Do people usually have trouble going from three doses a day to one dose a day? Or will I just have to try it and see how it goes?

I hate to be tied down to taking a liquid with me where ever I go because I have a mid day dose!

Advice please?

Thanks Heathcliff

1mg liquid V  = 1mg dry V.  There is no logical, medical, or scientific evidence that there should be any difference.  If you expect to have difficulties, you probably will.

Twice a day dosing for V should be no problem.  When I got down to 3mg/day, I switched to once a day (and all liquid) and y

had no problem.

Thanks builder. You always give me good answers and give me the confidence and strength to go forward.  :smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You are amazing!