Need help with switching from C/H to liquid taper of Clonazepam

[wa...]

Currently I am at .75mg of clonazepam, 3 x .25 mg throughout my day. I am working with .5mg tabs. Originally was at 1mg. I was cutting and holding at .0625 (6.25%) with each cut approximately every two weeks and plowing thru regardless of symptoms thinking this is what I was supposed to do. So naive to all this.  Has proven to be too intense and causing me to be extremely symptomatic given my sensitive nervous system. Currently holding until I feel ready to continue. Thinking about whether or not to updose. It has been 13 days since the last cut.

Here is what I need:

1) A plan on liquid tapering to get smaller cuts. Slow and steady is how I need to manage this. Too fast of a drop to start.

2)How much liquid (milk) should I use with .75mg?

3) What would be a good starting point for cutting daily instead of worrying about a monthly % reduction?

4) Or should I look towards a monthly deduction of 6.25 % to start to see how I feel and adjust based on symptoms and what does that come out to be?

5) I need this well calculated, each step laid out. Having trouble figuring this out.

Thank you in advance for your help.

.75mg in three doses with .5mg pills.  What I would do is liquify three .5mg pills to make a two-day supply by putting 1.5mg into 150ml liquid.  Each ml will be .01mg K.  Holding is good for now to get yourself feeling better.  If you are looking for a place to begin you could try 8% a month, which would be .002mg (.2ml) a day.

So separate the two day supply first. Then on first .75 mls remove .2mls from daily dosage? Then divide up the rest into my three doses? So first day .73 mls, then .71 mls next day or stay at .73 mls for a couple days? Weeks? Month? Can you show me how you did your calculations? Thank you. Definitely  holding for now.

You've got it.  Split the 150ml into two 75ml batches.  Save one for tomorrow.  With the other, remove .2ml and split it three ways evenly.  Dose goes down 75, 74.8, 74.6, 74.4, and so on.  Test it out for a minimum of two weeks.

.5mg/150ml=.01mg/ml, each ml=.01mg K so .1ml=.001mg and .2ml=.002mg

You split it in half so each day is 75ml.  Then you have three doses so each dose is 25ml at the start and goes down from there.

I am assuming you meant 1.5 mg/150 ml= .01mg K? It seems that .1 ml=.001 mg which when multiplied by 10 would give me .01 mg per 1 ml of K (original number). Also can you show me the calculation of how the reduction comes out to be about 8% a month? Not grasping that right now.  I am glad I clarified the cuts each day otherwise I would have gone from 75 to 73 vs 75 to 74.8. Thanks for being awesome and helping me out. What does a .3ml daily reduction come out to be % wise per month? Thanks for your patience as well.

For 8% a month at a dose of 1.5mg...

8% of 1.5mg is .08*1.5mg=.12mg

For a month I always use 30 days, so...

.12mg/30=.004mg/day

We know .1ml=.001mg so .4ml would equal .004mg.

.3ml a day would be .003mg a day.  Over 30 days that is .09mg a month.  .09mg/1.5mg=.06, which is 6%.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok. So as of Tuesday I will have been holding a month. Feeling better with some symptoms. Not sure I will get to be completely asymptomatic so not sure how much longer I will wait to cut. I have most of my supplies. Question, should I start taking two .25 mg pills and one in liquid for a couple days, then one .25 mg pill and two in liquid for a couple days then all three in liquid for a couple of days with no cuts so my body can get used to this? Is goat milk ok? Or coconut milk? Regular dairy messes with my gut. Or will transitioning to all liquid and cutting immediately be ok?

I'd stick with full fat whole milk.  it is what we know works.  You could also go to alcohol or PG mixed with water.  If you want to transition slowly to liquid that is fine.  I tend to just do it.