Wallace fisher device

[sl...]

Has anyone heard of this thing that you strap to your head and helps insomnia?  If I had regular insomnia, I would have bought it months ago.  I doubt it will fix my Hypnic jerks, but in my poor state I am feeling desperate to try anything. 

Hi sleepless I tried many things in my struggle and journey to sleep,  I often considered what you are talking about but never pulled the trigger, I did however do some brain wave treatments which was very similar but I didnt own the machine.  I have to say IMO it is all snake oil.  I dont think those types of things work for most of us.  Hard to prove effectiveness.  I wish it was super simple. 

Snake oil is what I'm thinking too.  However, this is something that a regular insomniac should consider before ever touching a damn pill!

Yup agreed

Pills are obviously not the correct choice to make.  But the Dr's make it so easy.  I guess I was desperate enough to take whatever they gave me.  Never gave it much thought to what the long term issues would be.

Murph, that's a big part of the problem that drs don't give patients any fore warning of the implications of long term bnzo use and rarely do they offer more natural alternatives.  My my original Dr that rx'd Rivotril ( klonopin ) told me it was just like flexeril and would help my spinal spasms after surgery, I didn't even know what a benzo was at that point.

Mine wasn't rx'd for insomnia but ironically after years on K I developed some pretty weird sleeping patterns, and then the Dr rx'd me sleeping pills!

Blue

• 1 month later...

I actually have the Alpha Stim. I have only used it for 4 weeks, but it is slowly bringing down my anxiety. It is suppose to be cumulative, so hopefully it continues to get better. My sleep is still not great, but I hope That comes as well. I am on hold from tapering off Xanax right now because we are trying to get my hormones, thyroid, and gut in better shape.

I know several people who are using the Alpha Stim with positive results. I don't know anything about the WF device.