New Taper Plan Needed

[bs...]

Hello,

I am currently tapering Lorazepam after completing a partial crossover to Valium.  The current lorazepam dose is .030 three times a day.  This is from a 1 mg lorazepam tablet dissolved into 100 mg water/ 2 mg Everclear.  Then I take 2.2 mg valium split morning and evening.

On 4/4 I was taking .050 mg Lorazepam and since then have reduced it to .030 four times a day which is where I am at now.

I have been reducing by one number every other day.  For instance. .038 for two days, then .037 for two days and then .036 for two days.

I should tell you that I am weighing the liquid on a Gemini scale so I can make cuts of a precise number.  I am not just eyeballing it.

The cuts have been getting harder.  In the beginning there were few if any w/d symptoms but it is getting worse so I wonder if I am cutting too fast.  Any advice would be appreciated.

What is the suggested taper rate that I need to follow to minimize symptoms and still get off the Lorazepam?  I would really like to be done with the Lorazepam so I can start tapering the Valium.

Thank you.

[12...]
Since you're cutting the same mass each day, the percent reduction increases as your doses get smaller.  You don't need to change anything, but you'd probably feel a bit better if you waited three days instead of two between cuts.

Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense.  It will just take a little longer. I am going to switch to 3 days between the cuts.  So it will take 3 more months to get off the Lorazepam instead of 2.  Then I can start on a taper plan for the 2.2 mg of Valium I am taking per day.