Starting tomorrow! Nervous!

[Am...]

Hello all.

I'm quite nervous because tomorrow I will start my titration from 0.5mg Klonopin.

I had a heck of a time yesterday to try to find a cylinder but through this site  found someone close to my area who I contacted and is willing to give me his old Cylinder, which I am very thankful for, since Ive set my date tomorrow and didnt wanna start later..I'm stubborn like that I guess haha

This guy is doing fine and we will stay in contact, so I'm grateful  for that also.

Yet I am scared...naturally

Anyways, I'll visit this site now and then and keep ya'll updated, I am glad I found this forum.

Now off to get my supplies....and some food

;D

Hi Amber:

I am a former Klon user.  Glad to hear that your are joining the Klon Kleen Klub.  Titrating makes a lot of sense because it gives such a nice smooth taper.  Also when you get done you can fill the pipette with frosting and ice cupcakes. 

Looking forward to seeing you on the other side of all this.

ntw

haha nice, I'l keep that usage in mind!

Could be a goal when I completed my taper as a sort of reward  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, but for now...whew...got lots ahead of me...

I notice that you are starting just before the weekend.  That is a good idea.  You can get some idea of how you are going to feel.  Keep us posted about any odd sensations you have.  Sometimes we can suggest something that helps.

ntw

Hi Amber,

hey, good for you, you're on your way!!!! 

I guess I'm a member of the KLON KLEEN KLUB....yeahooo.  You crack me up ntw!  When I first read that, I thought it said...getting your KLOK KLEENED.  I had that too.  :laugh:

adelia

It's normal to be nervous of the unknown.  Don't be afraid.  With titration you are in control and yes it is much smoother.  I taper slowly to stay sane.  Best of luck to you.  Feel free to ask us all here anything.

Night,

Traycee

hi amber ,checking in to see how your doing and make sure you solved the particle sticking to side of glass thing.  Just slosh the milk or water, what ever you are using , up and down the side of the glass,  this should get all the particles that you feel are sticking.  Let us know how things are going.

st.

Hey guys,

just an update from me...I'm not sure anymore if titration is for me or if its the right time to withdraw...and I'm pretty confused about alot of things in my life right now...

I'm in a tough spot, I know that if I would withdraw now I'd had little real life support, I have marital problems and I know I'd feel like hell going through this AND having a husband who can't deal witth this/me and very likely is going to make me feel worse...so I'm scared and have no one else here, my family is in Germany and I dont even have my greencard yet, which we (I) am working on at the moment and I need my strength for that.... no job or therapist in line, just a Pdoc who I am getting my meds from.

So for now its probably best to stay on it until at least we got insurance and the greencard application send in.

I pray everyday for my marriage and hope we'll make it through...

I'm so sorry to hear of your marital problems, I understand what you're going through.  And the fact that you don't have any support I'm sure makes everything so hard. :(

It's your decision of course to withdraw from the drug or not.  It's not our place to tell you what to do.  We're here for you if you want to do this, but certainly understand if you're not able to at this time.  :smitten:

[a9...]

Hey guys,

just an update from me...I'm not sure anymore if titration is for me or if its the right time to withdraw...and I'm pretty confused about alot of things in my life right now...

I'm in a tough spot, I know that if I would withdraw now I'd had little real life support, I have marital problems and I know I'd feel like hell going through this AND having a husband who can't deal witth this/me and very likely is going to make me feel worse...so I'm scared and have no one else here, my family is in Germany and I dont even have my greencard yet, which we (I) am working on at the moment and I need my strength for that.... no job or therapist in line, just a Pdoc who I am getting my meds from.

So for now its probably best to stay on it until at least we got insurance and the greencard application send in.

I pray everyday for my marriage and hope we'll make it through...

Amber- there is never a good time to taper from a benzo. You have been on yours for a short time so a taper now as opposed to later would be more ideal, the more you are on them, the more your body wants them, also the less you do to work through life issues, IMO. The decision needs to be your though....best thing I can offer it to not make a decision based on fear and also don't stay in the same routine based on fear...fear works against us.

We will be here to support you if you wish to taper or when you decide to taper.

Just Breathe :hug:

I am at the same time so very tempted to just half my dose of Klonopin cause I'm just so sick of taking it.

I wish I could be in some sort of retreat or have a nice family take me in through the withdrawal process, like a temporary adopted child or so haha until this is all over because I don't want my husband to see me go through this and to be in a safe place..

Accepting applications at the time...anybody?

;) ;) ;)

Wouldn't that be nice to be somewhere, well taken care of and pampered? Trouble with that is, this process takes too long, none of us could afford it!  :D  Besides that there's no escaping the pain, no amount of safety and pampering can take that away.  I used to wish I could take a cruise because I remember going on one and feeling so relaxed.  But with this process I couldn't run from me, I'd have to take me with me.  :tickedoff:

Please don't cut your dose in half, I did a cold turkey and while I was done with the pill, it wasn't done with me.

Hi Amber:

I did a fast taper from Klon and I definitely don't recomend it if you can avoid it.  Slow and steady is the mantra around here and I wish I had done it that way.

ntw

Ntw is right, if you can't wd slowly, and deal with the symptoms along the way, you will probably scare yourself even more by trying to rush things.  I know I tried that route, and got hit with the kitchen sink... After stabilizing for 3 to 4 weeks , I was able to successfully titrate myself off the drugs at 10% per week. 

No one here will chastise you , whatever decision you make, but when you decide , if not now , you want to beat this monster, we will be here to help you thru it.

st.

Hi NTW

Thanks for the input...maybe I needed to hear that...though however ou were on it for ten years and me only a few months BUT additionally I've been "floxed", that is had an adverse reaction to the antibiotic cipro which made my anxiety go through the roof, one hell of a time and very similar from what I've heard from Benzo withdrawal. I already have the muscle twitching from the Cipro, though I sleep now and seem less "crazy" (though sometimes I doubt that hehe)

I dont know if some of my symptoms are caused by the floxing or by the Benzo..

Guess theres only one way to find out...

Pamster, I have...I talked to JSince on the phone

Guys thanks SO much for your replies, seriously, it means ALOT

I know I have done many hard things in my life...

I'l let ya'll know what I decide...jeebus help...

Amber

I just wanted to check in with you.  Sorry to hear about your dilemma.  My marriage is very important to me so I completely understand.

The only thing I will say is the longer you wait the easier it is to stay on.  I held at 1 mg for a year telling myself that the timing was not right.  Well, now my timing is not right either....I have an 11 month old child, am super busy and and the go constantly.  My husband even said just wait until next year....I am moving forward once again and really happy to be on my way to freedom. 

Again, I understand exactly where you are....and I had to have one of my benzo buddies remind me that life will continue to happen and there is never going to be a good time.  Which is true....maybe just a better time?

Best of luck!

Traycee :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

an update from me....

after some encouragement and reasoning from Dave here (LostInBrooklyn) I have decided to go slow and titrate. For good. No dry cutting.

I have also decided to start titrating when I get my next script from a new Pdoc I have found who seems really nice. Wether or not he'll be understanding and supportive of my titration plans.

I have read that its best to stay on ONE type of brand while withdrawing, so I'll make sure to have that in place. Right now I have three different Clonazepam brands with different sizes and colors..lol...quite the little assortment.

I am confident I will be well and drug free again and will have all the support I need.

Also thanks Dave for being a friend and inspiration.  :-)

Right now I'm looking for the best equipment to support my needs and the best method of titration that will work for me.

I still need to set a date.

Thanks all,

Me

Hi Me!!

You sound good, and confident that you can do this!  :thumbsup:  I've heard great things about titration and Dave is a great resource since he was so successful.  We're here, whenever you're ready to begin.

I'm glad you'll be getting your Dr on board, it'll be nice to have all the same color to titrate with!  ::)

Pam

Hi Amber!

So happy you decided to titrate and getting all the information to empower to get off this horrible drug.

I wished I had the patience to have done a slow taper like you and others...but not sure it would of eased my sx's because I had a TON while on the full dose of the Klon...its been years since I felt just really normal or good. You are on your way to getting your life back and being drug free!  :yippee:

You made the right choice and we will celebrate your victories as you go down!

XXXXX :smitten:

Shelley

Amber,

You can do this!  Just remember, one day at a time.  When things feel rough hold a day or two.

Best of luck on your journey!

Traycee

Hi Amber ~

Yes YOU CAN do this! I had the same experience as Shelleyr. So many w/d symptoms that I might as well be off it. Wanted to do a liquid titrate but just wasn't meant for me. Traycee reminded you to listen to your body as you go down and hold if you need to. The people on here will have advice and shared experiences for every step of your continuing journey.

And that's the main thing.... that you stay on the journey. It's not a race, it's a process. Toward getting your life back and becoming yourself again. Everyone here is with you and behind you!

Be well..... be you..... :mybuddy:

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]