Help Creating a Titration Scedule

[br...]

Hi,

Could someone help me with a titration schedule? I'm not sure what information you need but here is some to start.

I have been on 1 mg Lorazepam for 10 years, since 2006. I use it for insomnia and take the 1 mg in one dose at bedtime.  I have other health problems I am dealing with and feel the Lorazepam is part of the problem.  I am sure that as I have stayed on the same dose for 10 years, so no I don't really sleep much, I am possibly in permanent rebound. I experience brain snaps and random anxiety frequently.  I am ridiculously sensitive to medications and thus withdrawals due to a slow metabolism and feel a very slow titration off is my best bet.  I'm not sure what a reasonable time frame is to withdraw so I would need direction and I am not in a hurry to rush this.

I have noticed people use different liquids to titrate with. I would be unable to use vodka but water and possible milk would be okay if they are recommended.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

Could someone help me with a titration schedule? I'm not sure what information you need but here is some to start.

I have been on 1 mg Lorazepam for 10 years, since 2006. I use it for insomnia and take the 1 mg in one dose at bedtime.  I have other health problems I am dealing with and feel the Lorazepam is part of the problem.  I am sure that as I have stayed on the same dose for 10 years, so no I don't really sleep much, I am possibly in permanent rebound. I experience brain snaps and random anxiety frequently.  I am ridiculously sensitive to medications and thus withdrawals due to a slow metabolism and feel a very slow titration off is my best bet.  I'm not sure what a reasonable time frame is to withdraw so I would need direction and I am not in a hurry to rush this.

I have noticed people use different liquids to titrate with. I would be unable to use vodka but water and possible milk would be okay if they are recommended.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Water really isn't an option, as lorazepam (and almost all benzos) isn't water-soluble.

Even though you would only need a tiny amount of vodka (no more than 1ml/day) if you relly don't want to do that, you can dissolve your tablets in propylene glycol, then dilute with water to whatever concentration works for you.  Milk is also an option.  And there is an Rx liquid lorazepam available.

I like the idea of using a Rx Lorazepam Liquid, that would save me a lot of work.  I would just them need to understand how long I should take to withdraw from the drug and what a schedule would look like.

1mg lorazepam is approx 10mg Valium equivalent...not a huge dose, but still a significant dose.

15% per month is a moderate start  rate.  Lorazepam is a short half-life benzo, so you will know fairly quickly if that rate dose works for  you.  You can adjust your taper quickly if you want to or need to.

Given a 1mg total dose, the math is pretty simple.  15%=.15mg/30 days=.005mg/day.

The Rx liquid is an Intensol (concentrate, 1ml=2mg, so it will need to be diluted to make tiny dose adjustments.  If you dilute it 199:1 with water you will have a solution with .01mg lorazepam in each ml.

You will need a 1ml and 10ml oral syringe and  a mix/storage jar.  A 100ml graduated cylinder will be helpful, but not required.  All available from Amazon, and most pharmacies will give you the syringes.

Since I know I will have insomnia regardless of whether or not I am using Lorazepam, due to health issues, am I better weaning off using 3 doses a day to reduce withdrawal symptoms? Or am I better off just taking 1  dose at night still.  As I already seem to have withdrawal symptoms through out the day (as my body is way past used to this dose) I would like to use the best method to avoid feeling worse if possible, so will breaking up the dose help?

Thanks for your help.

IMO, the fewer variables you change, the easier it will be.  If your system is accustomed to a single dose in the PM, that's the way I would continue taking it. 

After 10 years, its really pretty unlikely you are still get any real therapeutic effect (sleep aid) from the lorazepam.  Your probably full tolerant to the therapeutic effects.

However, sleep problems as a withdrawal symptom are a real possibility.