Valium

[He...]

Hello anyone,

I can get liquid Valium from a doctor's prescription. It's 1ml:1mg. I will start using it when I am at a 1mg dose. Sounds perfect...if I want to take .1mg cuts. I can do that with a 1ml syringe, right? It has measuring lines at each .1 of a mg, right?

But I really want to take smaller cuts like .05. How can I do that?  Are there .05 mg measures on a

1 mg syringe?

Also I usually dose three times a day. How am I going to divide my dose into three doses with such a small amount of liquid Valium?

If I change to once a day dosing, will it be difficult on the way I feel since I am used to three times a day dosing?

Help please

Heathcliff

1ml syringes are usually marked with either 50 or 100 lines on the barrel so you can measure down to .01 or .02ml.  Those are kind of hard on the eyes so I usually think of .05ml as the smallest practical cut size.

As for dosing 3x per day, it's a liquid.  You can accurately divide it any way you wish.

That sounds good!

So I can make  .05mg cuts and hold for 5 days with each cut. (with the liquid Valium) That seems small enough cuts to minimize withdrawal.  It would take 100 days to get to zero. That's about three months and one week to get off of the last 1mg. I am not concerned about how long it will take. I just want to minimize withdrawal and let my brain heal slowly.

I have no experience SOOO .....from the experience that you have, what do you think?

All replies are welcome. I need all the help I can get!

Thanks!

Heathcliff

It is probably Roxane liquid V.  That can be diluted with water to make even smaller cuts if you want.  Most people who use it dilute it to at least 1:10.

It is probably Roxane liquid V.  That can be diluted with water to make even smaller cuts if you want.  Most people who use it dilute it to at least 1:10.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I thought .05 mg every 4 or 5 days was very small already. Is it not small enough? That's 1/20 of a mg.

It depends on how you want to taper.  But also, it is just more accurate when the liquid is more dilute.

I thought .05 mg every 4 or 5 days was very small already. Is it not small enough? That's 1/20 of a mg.

It depends on how you want to taper.  But also, it is just more accurate when the liquid is more dilute.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How do you dilute liquid Valium ..... with water? How long will it hold its potency? Does it need refrigeration?

If I want to decrease my dose by .05 how would I dilute it?

Starting at 1 mg,  Would I measure .95ml Valium and how much Water?

Then divide it into three parts for a three times a day dose?

And would i just decrease the amount of Valium by another .05 each time I wanted to make another cut in my taper???????

Oh sorry about that last post. What do you mean 1:10? Do you mean 9 ml of water to 1 ml Valium...equaling 10 ml of liquid? Then take off .5 ml instead of .05

How do you dilute liquid Valium ..... with water? How long will it hold its potency? Does it need refrigeration?

If I want to decrease my dose by .05 how would I dilute it?

Starting at 1 mg,  Would I measure .95ml Valium and how much Water?

Then divide it into three parts for a three times a day dose?

And would i just decrease the amount of Valium by another .05 each time I wanted to make another cut in my taper???????

Oh sorry about that last post. What do you mean 1:10? Do you mean 9 ml of water to 1 ml Valium...equaling 10 ml of liquid? Then take off .5 ml instead of .05

For each 1ml of liquid V you add 9ml water to make .1mg/ml liquid V.  It will last and does need refrigeration.  To cut .05mg you'd remove .5ml instead of .05ml.  Sounds like you've got the idea.  It is a great product for tapering.

Here I go again..confusion! Does this make sense?

I have decided to try to start the liquid Valium (Roxanne) taper at 1.25mg instead of waiting to get to 1.0 mg

So do I dilute1.25 ml liquid Valium with 10 ml water to get the correct 1:10 solution.

And if I want to reduce my dose by .05 do I just take  .5 mg off of the 1:10 solution and drink the rest?

And take off .10 the next time and take off .15 the next time, etc? ( of course I will hold each dose for 5 days before reducing my dose,)

And when I get down to 1 mg dose, do I make a new solution of 1m to 10 ml of water instead of the previous 1.25

Heathcliff

Ok, so 1:10 means 1 part  Valium liquid and 10 parts water?

NOT 9 parts water

Do I have it right now?

Heathcliff

Ok, so 1:10 means 1 part  Valium liquid and 10 parts water?

NOT 9 parts water

Do I have it right now?

Heathcliff

1 part liquid V + 9 parts water (9:1) will give you a solution where .1mg=1ml, or 1mg=10ml.