Help with liquid Valium taper

[He...]

As I reach a 1mg dose, which is more feasible?

Taper down by .1mg every two weeks  or

Taper by 10% of my last dose every two weeks

Thanks for your help.

Heathcliff

[ff...]

Actually, I now suggest a compromise between the linear model (0.1 per week) and the 1st order taper (10% per week).  With the linear taper, the cuts toward the end become very large, but with the 1st order taper, the cuts eventually become very small and one never reaches zero (which requires a jump).

So how about 5% plus 0.05 mg??  Actually, I prefer an even more mellow rate of 9% plus 0.01 mg or 8% plus 0.02 mg per cut.

Thanks for your reply. I also have experienced bad effects from cutting my taper too much or too fast. So I am very cautious.

How about this plan?

.02 is a 50th  of a milligram. It would take 50 days to get to zero from a 1mg starting point.  How does that sound? And if I held each cut for two days, I could stretch it out over 100 days. I

would actually be reducing my taper  by .02 every two days. And it would actually come out to a cut of .1mg (1/10 of a mg every 10 days.)

and I could hold every 10 days and slow it down even further if necessary if I felt badly.

That's really slow isn't it? But I'm in no hurry. I just want to keep the withdrawal symptoms to a minimum. My problem is whether I can find a syringe that measures in  .02 mgs.

Am I stretching it out too long?

Thanks for your help

Heathcliff.

[ff...]

If it was a 50-day taper from 1 mg of klonopin, I'd say it was way too fast, but for 1 mg valium it sounds very reasonable.

The key is to listen to your body, but I think you know that.  You might cruise through this so easily that you accelerate your taper.  Or you might hit a rough spot and have to hold for a few days.  Do whatever is appropriate (I don't think that I need to tell you that - you seem to have your head on straight). 

You just need a syringe that can measure 1.0 mls for a 50-day taper.  Dissolve your 1 mg pill into 100 mls of milk (I think you were going to use milk??), and remove 4 mls every two days (or 2 mls every day).

I have liquid Valium. It's  1:1  I want to reduce my taper by .05 every four or five days. How do I dilute it . I'm allergic to cows milk. Can I dilute liquid Valium with water?

Do I mix it with 9ml water to 1 ml Valium  to make a 10 ml solution? Then take off .5 ml ?

Iam really confused. I thought I could just take off .05 mg from 1ml using a 1ml syringe, without diluting it. Is it really necessary to dilute it? It's such a small amount.

Or can you explain to me how to dilute it?

[ff...]

You should be able to dilute your med with ora-plus or ora-sweet.  If you dilute to 10 mls, you can pretty easily remove 0.5 mls (per cut) using a 1 ml syringe.

I wouldn't use water.

What is Ora sweet and Ora plus? Where do I get it? Is it in the pharmacy or over the counter?

I love in the USA .

My liquid Valium is by Roxane.

Heathcliff

[ff...]

Valium is not soluble in water (most benzos aren't soluble in water).

Good Ora-plus and/or Ora-Sweet and you'll find it.  They're available from Amazon.

I have liquid Valium. It's  1:1  I want to reduce my taper by .05 every four or five days. How do I dilute it . I'm allergic to cows milk. Can I dilute liquid Valium with water?

Do I mix it with 9ml water to 1 ml Valium  to make a 10 ml solution? Then take off .5 ml ?

Iam really confused. I thought I could just take off .05 mg from 1ml using a 1ml syringe, without diluting it. Is it really necessary to dilute it? It's such a small amount.

Or can you explain to me how to dilute it?

See my post on your other thread.