approaching the one year off mark club

[Wa...]

Hello friends, I am 10 months off, I had an 8 month taper, what about you? are you close to 1 year? let's start a thread here to see where we at this far into our recovery!

I'm 8 months and a half now, many sxs went away , but since a few days ago I feel like acute  :-\.

I  have had many windows and waves, so I believe is just a matter of time

IDK reaaly I only hope. Every time I get  a wave it crashes me, the I calm down and go on.

It´s been hard really.

I think withdrawal is the hardest thing anyone will ever do. I find the fact that friends and family don't understand very hard to cope with also

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BB'S!

Count me in! I'll be 11 months out in 4 days. I can look back and see progress has been made. However, I'm still in a wave that came about at the end of month 9.

Today my most intense sx is, my stomach feels like it's being squeezed in a vice grip, along with weird breathing, mild back pain and mild anxiety.

I hope everyone else is getting some relief!

How re you all doing? :smitten:

Stay strong BB'S! BIG :hug:

Count me in. Like Blessed, I'm going to be 11 months free in 4 days.

I've been very wavey all month, hoping to see it end soon.

I've had many symptoms drop off in the last 11 months and still feel that my worst day in recovery is better than my best day of tapering (I  tapered for 22 months).

9.5 months off and in misery.  Is anyone as miserable as me?  0-4 hours sleep, relentless Hypnic jerks, burning skin, fast heart and fatigue are my worst symptoms.  The sleep loss and scary jerks at night give me suicidal thoughts most days- and I was never even slightly depressed in my life before this!  Is anyone here so bad at this stage that your mind wanders off into terror thoughts of self harm?  I wish I could numb my mind of this hell!  Sorry to be such a downer.  Ill report good news if I ever get any.

Hi all

Good to see this group !

I've been wavy, like proper wavy for 5 weeks and it was very scary. Completely took over - I think the oesphagus spasms were the worse. I could hardly eat for a little while and then the adrenaline surges in the night that woke me and the morning. Oh and the air hunger. That weren't nice either.

But!!! I have BB and all the lovely people here to reach out to and get support. Priceless, invaluable, very grateful.

Wave has subsided a little. Few mental symptoms, some d/p but kinda weaker than before. Stiff jaw, tremors, random numbness and muscle aches - ouch! My back hurts.

I can be anxious and don't want to be alone and then fatigued and don't want to be around people.

Watched all of OITNB over the weekend! Don't think that helped my muscle stiffness!

Overall in a window compared to the wave...at the moment.

Day at a time!

:);):(:D:P???:-[:)

Yesterday was one year free of benzos for me. I did a 4 year taper and I'm pretty much symptom free.

That is so good to hear! Gives me hope...

I know the time and amount you were on don't always make the difference to the taper and withdrawals but psychologically it does for me.

How has your last year been rhapsodygirl? If you don't mind me asking?

Yesterday was one year free of benzos for me. I did a 4 year taper and I'm pretty much symptom free.

That is so good to hear! Gives me hope...

I know the time and amount you were on don't always make the difference to the taper and withdrawals but psychologically it does for me.

How has your last year been rhapsodygirl? If you don't mind me asking?

I have been doing really well :) I have tinnitus and benzo belly but that's about it. My taper the first 2 years was very difficult but once I found the rate that allowed my brain to heal while tapering everything fell into place.

Rg

one positive that we all need to remember is we are all going in the right direction! everyday that goes by is one day closer to healing!! :smitten::thumbsup:

Went from full on anxiety wave and now getting the fatigue, sweating OMG i'm drenched today. I've been doing some moving around in my house but am now cream crackered! (knackered).

And been getting pain in my back, pelvis and hips n'all that.

Not complainin just saying...

Feel like i'm crawling towards the one year mark. How apt I put a snail on my ticker board!!

Hows everyone doin?

I'm in a bad place.  Been this way for 6 days.  3 of those days I got zero sleep as for 2 of them I had to take mirtazpine to get some sleep.  Is going back to acute hellish symptoms around this time very normal from your observation?  Am I just imagining things?  How can I feel so much worse with so much time under my belt?  Right now I'm struggling with deep fear that I will never heal and horrible exhaustion and physical symptoms from no sleep.  And now I've got myself thinking that mirtazipine is going to keep in a vicious cycle.  I need sleep though so I feel I'm stuck taking it... Praying for a good outcome and that healing will take place under other meds. 

Is anyone willing to share if they used medication to get through withdrawals?  Did it help you? 

Count me in. Like Blessed, I'm going to be 11 months free in 4 days.

I've been very wavey all month, hoping to see it end soon.

I've had many symptoms drop off in the last 11 months and still feel that my worst day in recovery is better than my best day of tapering (I  tapered for 22 months).

Hello kiddo1977! :smitten:

How are you doing hun? I'm feeling a..lil.. better, but still not out of this wave. Heart palpitations, tight upper back muscles that I believe is what's causing the weird breathing issue. Sinus stuff and a few more sxs.

I hope we turn a corner SOON!

Stay strong BB'S!! BIG :hug:

Hi Blessed,

This wave of mine seems to be releasing its grip and I feel back to my baseline crappiness. I'm far from acute but far from healed....it's like purgatory  :sick:

I'm glad you're feeing a little reprieve, no matter how small.

I'm rooting for you  :smitten:

Hi Blessed,

This wave of mine seems to be releasing its grip and I feel back to my baseline crappiness. I'm far from acute but far from healed....it's like purgatory  :sick:

I'm glad you're feeing a little reprieve, no matter how small.

I'm rooting for you  :smitten:

Hello kiddo1977!  :smitten:

Glad your wave is calming down for you. I'm still feeling about the same as yesterday, however, the anger sx has spiked today! After I get really pissed off, then I'm like "dang, where'd that come from". Lots of apologies but still so fed up, ya know.

I hope your wave continues to lessen. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year of this....! Slow as cold molasses as I once read in someone else's reply. ..so very true it is!

BIG :hug:

hi Blessed  :clap:and thanks , I wish you all the same! I am starting a strict detox cleaning diet tomorrow, I will keep you posted! :smitten:  :clap:

hey hey

I'm really up and down. I've got my flat being surveyed tomorrow ready to put it on the market. I've had some help from a couple of friends this week and another coming around this afternoon. Trying to just let go and trust it will all be ok. Got to get the place cleaned up ready for photos!! I'm sure some could appreciate that thats a bit stressful for someone on the back end of a wave!! I am grateful this didn't come about sooner as it would of been much more difficult.

I'm only getting about 4-5 ish hours sleep so feeling tired in the day.

Getting all the wave symptoms but alot weaker.

Hows things with you?

What a stressful week. I get soooo anxious, worried and stressed. I had the valuation report and it all went ok. I get really annoyed with myself afterwards, I mean when things go ok or better than expected for getting so worried in the first place.

Got myself pretty revved up yesterday and couldn't sleep. Been getting some facial twitching the last day or two and then last night that feeling on parts of my body that hair or something was touching but was nothing there. Now i'm nearly really confused if I'm in a wave or window.

Whatever I am relieved to have got through to Thursday.

I watched you tube vids off of the site 'merryjoyousfree' last night when I couldn't sleep. They really helped calmed me down a bit. After there was a fire in the house near here and there were fire engines and police and chaos! Needed something to calm me down. This fella has such a kind father way about him.

http://www.merryjoyousfree.com/video-75

And the two videos in the spiritual section of his website. Set up for people like us! Amazing.

hi Blessed  :clap:and thanks , I wish you all the same! I am starting a strict detox cleaning diet tomorrow, I will keep you posted! :smitten:  :clap:

Hello Waitingforchange1! :smitten:

Thank you sweetheart! BIG :hug:

Yes, please keep me posted! :hug: