Any ultra rapid valium metabolizers on here? Having taper issues

[Ki...]

Crossed from X to V over 14 weeks then got my dna test back showing Im an ultra rapid valium metabolizer. I never noticed because I swapped dose for dose 4 x day. Finished cross 2 wks ago, held for a week, started tapering .001 a day ( on 11 mg, 1/2 mg w each meal 9 1/2 bedtime for sleep). Only took x at night to sleep. First week went ok, I even went on a trip. Then I messed up on Tuesday and cut .01 instead of .001 from my night dose. Since then Ive had palpitations, irritable, basic " benzo flu".. 5 days later palpitations are worse. My taper is as slow as it can go at .001g a night. I see other people cutting BIG on valium in early stages. Has anyone got any advice- should I stop the teeny taper ( once I feel better again Im starting liquid since I have so many scale accidents, my cross was miserable)... Is it likely just still benzo flu from the cut and now all I have left is worsening palps- or should I try adding more to each day dose taking away from night even though my main reason for getting on this shit was insomnia? Had I known I was a super rapid v metabolizer I might have switched to K instead. Hoping someone else has experience with this on here- thanks!

Crossed from X to V over 14 weeks then got my dna test back showing Im an ultra rapid valium metabolizer. I never noticed because I swapped dose for dose 4 x day. Finished cross 2 wks ago, held for a week, started tapering .001 a day ( on 11 mg, 1/2 mg w each meal 9 1/2 bedtime for sleep). Only took x at night to sleep. First week went ok, I even went on a trip. Then I messed up on Tuesday and cut .01 instead of .001 from my night dose. Since then Ive had palpitations, irritable, basic " benzo flu".. 5 days later palpitations are worse. My taper is as slow as it can go at .001g a night. I see other people cutting BIG on valium in early stages. Has anyone got any advice- should I stop the teeny taper ( once I feel better again Im starting liquid since I have so many scale accidents, my cross was miserable)... Is it likely just still benzo flu from the cut and now all I have left is worsening palps- or should I try adding more to each day dose taking away from night even though my main reason for getting on this shit was insomnia? Had I known I was a super rapid v metabolizer I might have switched to K instead. Hoping someone else has experience with this on here- thanks!

KBB, this is a little confusing.  You're a rapid metabolizer of V yet you take almost your entire dose in one shot.  Do you have interdose problems?  And if not, how could you be a rapid metabolizer?

I'm encouraged that you got on V and were able to feel good.  It might be good to put the V back since it was not long ago, and hold until good again.

I take as little as I can in the daytime, and most of it at night, because my reason for taking xanax was sleep. Thats what my doc gave me because it would " wear off fast and not make me groggy the next day". While I was crossing, my x doses had gone to 4x a day due to IDWD, and with some BBS help they devised a nice cross for me swapping equivalent doses of v for x swapping very slowly because I had a terrible crossover. I ended up taking out more x than adding v because my doc said the equiv dose of my X to v was 10 mg so that was all she gave me. Slow crossing allowed me to store up extra v so I can hopefully have enough to get to 10 before my next visit.

Had I done this DNA test before I was already almost through my cross I might have switched to klonopin which was what she wanted me on anyway, but she was only going to give it to me for a few months...

Diazepam was in the drug group I had 2 red flags for. Not just one but two. Oboy.

Oops its you SG you already know this stuff sorry!!!  I will only lose a week by going back so I think thats the right thing to do. I can definitely feel it later in the day. Its like the heavy night dose starts wearing off around 3- thats when I get the palpitations, sweats, etc but for that week I was gone I stuck like glue to my schedule and did pretty well. Not perfect but I would take it for sure! I probably should have held longer esp given that I ended up taking a lower equivalency on the x to v ratio. I hope thats all it is- either a bad hit from a dumb miscalculation or starting a taper too soon. Thank you again for all your help!!!

Oops its you SG you already know this stuff sorry!!!  I will only lose a week by going back so I think thats the right thing to do. I can definitely feel it later in the day. Its like the heavy night dose starts wearing off around 3- thats when I get the palpitations, sweats, etc but for that week I was gone I stuck like glue to my schedule and did pretty well. Not perfect but I would take it for sure! I probably should have held longer esp given that I ended up taking a lower equivalency on the x to v ratio. I hope thats all it is- either a bad hit from a dumb miscalculation or starting a taper too soon. Thank you again for all your help!!!

You never said the dose cut, just the pill weight... .01g.  If it was a 2mg pill that would be ~.12mg; 5mg would be .3mg.  Either way they are fairly small cuts...1.1% and 2.7%...so you could probably just wait them out.  But I guess how you feel is the best gauge for updosing.

Yes, a long hold will help for sure, whether you updose or not.  Have you ever tried splitting your dose?  The big night dose seems to get you about 16 hours.  Splitting should increase that.

I take 1/2 mg breakfast, 1/2 lunch, 1/2 dinner and 9 1/2 bedtime. It seemed to work ok until whatever happened happened! Im not positive of what my mistake was. I take a 2 mg pill, weigh it and take a quarter of that at breakfast and a quarter at lunch so thats 1/2 mg. Then I take 2 of my 5 mg pills, weigh them and take 1/2 mg off that for dinner ( its usually about .016) and the remainder at bedtime. I had been taking .001 off each night of the bed dose and I thought that was too small to have a reaction to then realized I had miscalculated one night after I had already taken it... So now Im going to cut a whole weeks worth of pills in advance. I think once Im stable I will start up the liquid, I already bought the stuff last week.

It wont be updosing much to just go back a few days but if its that small an amount maybe I should just give it a few more days. I had rapid heartbeat all evening and through the night so even the big night dose was no help there- it must be the cut that did it. Humbug.

I take 1/2 mg breakfast, 1/2 lunch, 1/2 dinner and 9 1/2 bedtime. It seemed to work ok until whatever happened happened! Im not positive of what my mistake was. I take a 2 mg pill, weigh it and take a quarter of that at breakfast and a quarter at lunch so thats 1/2 mg. Then I take 2 of my 5 mg pills, weigh them and take 1/2 mg off that for dinner ( its usually about .016) and the remainder at bedtime. I had been taking .001 off each night of the bed dose and I thought that was too small to have a reaction to then realized I had miscalculated one night after I had already taken it... So now Im going to cut a whole weeks worth of pills in advance. I think once Im stable I will start up the liquid, I already bought the stuff last week.

Well, if it works that's the bottom line.  .001g off a 5mg pill is ~.03mg, which would be 8% of your dose a month.  That's a gentle rate, but some would feel it.

.03 was what you told me to start with- Im thinking its the right rate, and just the mistake I made that got me. Fingers crossed. Thank you again SG❤️

.03 was what you told me to start with- Im thinking its the right rate, and just the mistake I made that got me. Fingers crossed. Thank you again SG❤️

Ah, I thought it was a coincidence that it turned out to be 8% a month.  That is what I typically suggest, but I did not remember telling you that.

Yeah and it seems logical. it seems like anyone should be able to do it- such a teeny amount! So maybe the liquid being more accurate than these scales will help too. I will hold a few days where I am instead of going backwards and see if it gets better- it should. I probably just started the taper too soon. Maybe the first few weeks I will be a chicken and taper at half that and see hiw it goes, or just every other day. I got the syringes, the big cylinder ( Im not home so I dont remember size) and pipettes....hopefully I will be able to understand the liquid. I can follow recipes, I just suck at conversion and division! No palpitations today, just major headaches, which went along with my crossing and cutting xanax so at least symptoms are changing. Hopefully its on its way out.

Yeah and it seems logical. it seems like anyone should be able to do it- such a teeny amount! So maybe the liquid being more accurate than these scales will help too. I will hold a few days where I am instead of going backwards and see if it gets better- it should. I probably just started the taper too soon. Maybe the first few weeks I will be a chicken and taper at half that and see hiw it goes, or just every other day. I got the syringes, the big cylinder ( Im not home so I dont remember size) and pipettes....hopefully I will be able to understand the liquid. I can follow recipes, I just suck at conversion and division! No palpitations today, just major headaches, which went along with my crossing and cutting xanax so at least symptoms are changing. Hopefully its on its way out.

Once you get into liquids I think you'll find they are simple, easy, accurate, and flexible.  Be aware though that there often are some symptoms felt when changing.  It seems like it should not happen, but it often does.

So it seems like earlier, while Im still not quite steady on my feet, might be a good time- or a totally bad time, depending. Well aaargh. I dissolve the nasty things under my tongue because I am benzo bellied up to the max anyway and I am thinking sublingually must help keep it from being worse. But then again it may have no bearing at all!

I am going to try to find out if the metabolites make a difference. I noticed a chart that pointed out temazepam is metabolized via a different pathway. I wonder if during the breakdown of V, maybe the other metabolites are metabolized more normally and this helps cover some folks for longer times? Also, since some metabolites seem to be less depressing than the whole of the valium, maybe if people metabolize V fast but say temazepam normally, which doesnt seem to be as depressing- maybe thats one part of why some folks dont find V to be as depressing as others.