Benzos are 'safe'

[li...]

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20160529/NEWS/160525881

This is horrible 'Opponents say the threat from benzos is overblown. Tufts Medical Center psychiatrist Dr. Edward Silberman, who testified against the bill, said benzos are a relatively safe drug. Unless a patient suffers from addiction to other substances as well, benzos can’t do much harm, he said.'

What a horrible misconception.

It is horrible, and this is exactly why it is absolutely imperative that we use the correct language when discussing this.

Unbelievable!  Dr. Silberman also said that benzos are "safer than aspirin..." !!!  I would love to talk to him about benzo safety...

They are just talking about overdosing when taken alone.  In that respect the Dr quoted is correct. It is very hard to od on and that's what his "safe" comment is about. 

The article as usual doesn't address the real problem of what the drug can do.

Unbelievable!  Dr. Silberman also said that benzos are "safer than aspirin..." !!!  I would love to talk to him about benzo safety...

Thats bullshit and its ridiculous because today he should know that aspirin can be very very dangerous, too. I know most people think they can take it whenever they need it, but no - thats very dangerous.

He should be given both for 2 years in a high dose. Then he would see..

They are safe, when taken 3 times a year in the smallest dose available......      :(

But then, that begs a question. If it's meant to be used 3 times a year, then why not just learn to deal with those situations without?

Oh thats a good advice. As everyone knows problems occur only 3 times a year :thumbs: so there is no risk that people would take it more often.

They are safe, when taken 3 times a year in the smallest dose available......      :(

"But then, that begs a question. If it's meant to be used 3 times a year, then why not just learn to deal with those situations without?"

Exactly.

These type of doctors are either extremely stupid or extremely corrupted. I hope it's the last one.

Opponents say the threat from benzos is overblown. Tufts Medical Center psychiatrist Dr. Edward Silberman, who testified against the bill, said benzos are a relatively safe drug. Unless a patient suffers from addiction to other substances as well, benzos can’t do much harm, he said.

“These medications, taken alone, are amongst the safest medications that doctors prescribe,” Silberman says. “They’re safer than aspirin. It’s practically impossible to kill yourself by overdosing on benzodiazepines.”

This Dr Silberman should be kept in a prison cell, administered 3mg Xanax a day and 10-20mg Ambian a day for a year.

Then you will say, Doctor you are free. But you can't take any of these medication ever. Cold Turkey baby.

Now we would see if he says that they are one of the safest drug on the market A..hole! I'm usually against torture, but why not torture the torturer so that he can understand what he did ^^ .