One year off Klonopin and 90-95% Healed

[Kl...]

Hi there.

I have not spent much time here over the past year, and never posted anything, but the little time I did convinced me to return and post after healing in order to help assuage the massive pain I saw here.

So....

I was given 1 MG of Klonopin for 8 years, not because of anxiety or depression, but for sleep due to CFS- which seems criminal to me now.

So, after a 5 1/2 month horrific taper I went to zero on June 23rd 2015.

Rather than list all of my symptoms- it's easier to say I had them ALL in high doses.

So- here I am, at nearly 1 year out at 90-95% healed.

Remaining symptoms? Loud Tinnitus and occasional blurry vision.  It's hard to rule out all other symptoms as I just had sinus surgery, and still have the remnants of a sinus infection.

Throughout this ordeal, I worked full time as a teacher and was in graduate school, which seems impossible after the fact.  I was sure I would have to quit both but didn't.  Glad that I didn't.

So, what worked?  Well, I'm a long term Mindfulness Meditator- that helped.  Also Yoga, Nutrition, and getting outside the house, and outside my head. 

Also- Believing that this would eventually heal, even when it seemed impossible- and willing to let go of time lines.

My Advice to YOU....

Mark off a Calendar- I used the 23rd and 9th of each month as year and 1/2 year intervals without any expectations of time lines.

In the beginning 1 month, 2 months seems impossible.  Eventually you're marking off 6 months.

Stay positive...

Here is what I KNOW- the worst part of this ordeal is the fear that you will never heal- YOU WILL. 

Know this, and Trust that as Bleak as it seems to you now, it was just as Bleak to Me- I was terrified that I would never get my life or Brain back.

Resist these thought patterns- what you need is TIME, and the rest will take care of itself.

It's a Mental Game, and it can make you Stronger than you've ever been.  If you can endure this you can endure ANYTHING.

I probably will not come back around to answer questions...so in the event that you have questions, please know that I HAVE EVERY FAITH THAT YOU WILL FULLY HEAL- 100% based on the journey that I've been on, as impossible as it seemed along the way, and I wish you a quick recovery that makes you more resilient than you have ever been.  Trust me IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU.

Good luck and God Bless...

Thank-you so much for posting about your healing and recovery!  It give me a lot of hope!  Best wishes  :)

• 5 years later...