8 months out and more problems

[ca...]

Have probs with tinnitus and pins and needles in feet and some in legs. Calcium caused flare and even plain magnesium which I read causes few if any problems cased flare. I am ready to give up

Catfish, you can't give up when you're so close.  I can understand why you're discouraged, when I was at 8 months and still feeling really rotten I hated it.  But when I got closer to a year, then just over a year life got really good again.

It sounds like the supplements you're using are causing you problems, I hope you'll discontinue them until you're healed.  Nothing really works for any of this except time.  Try to hang on for awhile longer, you're getting there.

Praying for you to get through this Catfish just one day at a time

hold on and listen to the experts here they are great and know how to help

you have come to the right place for great and loving support.

A buddy

Pennyblue

Hi catfish,

I know this is so hard, im nearly 16 months off and still having problems, many times i have felt like giving up, my tinnitus is so loud it hurts at times but other days its a bit better, we have to keep fighting this, just take it a day at a time ok!

love lynn xx  :smitten:

Hi Catfish:

Is is amazing, isn't it, the way that perfectly normal healthy stuff can cause things to go crazy while we are recovering from benzos.  I'd definitely experiment with not using the supplements for a while and see what happens.  You can always go back on if that isn't the problem.

ntw

Hi catfish,

It was well over a year before I could take any type of supplement without a flare of symptoms.  I could try something one time and it would take a week for the symptoms to settle back down. After a while I decided it just wasn't worth it to try and find something to help with wd. I think you would be doing yourself a favor by leaving things alone until after you've been off at least a year.  My reasoning being this: if you take something and it takes a week for everything to settle back down to your already miserable benzo wd state, is that a week wasted from healing?  I don't have an absolute answer for this but it's something to think about and something I used to my benefit.  It kept me from 'trying' stuff.  And btw, nothing worked.  >:(

Hope you feel better soon.

TS

Hi catfish,

My symptoms flared up again at the 7 month off mark and I wasn't taking any supplements.  It is very possible that this last flare up for you was meant to be.  I am  almost 15 months off and still experiencing symptoms.  The one thing we can't do is give up because from all that I have read we will eventually heal.  At least you are not alone.  Giving you strength from this end.

Patty  xo

Catfish,

I am basically where you are.  Eight months off, and having really difficult symptoms.  This makes about 15 months of hell, with no end in sight.  I have rapid heart beat, light headedness,  irritable bowel, insomnia  and who knows what else.  It does wear you out.  I am just taking it one day at a time.  Every now and then, I will have a better day, and this gives me hope.  I wish you the best, and I'm hanging in there.  I hope you do also.  Send me a personal message if you want.  I'l say a prayer for you.  It is hell, I know.