Dyslexia and word issues

[Cr...]

This one is happening all the time. Mixing up letters, spelling is bad (I was a great speller) and I see words wrong. I can't think of a specific example of this, but words look like other words that are close (almost like my brain is filling in the blank, but it's incorrect)

Like seeing WHITE as WHEAT or something like that.

Anyone?

I hear you.. this is happening to me much of the time when I'm trying to read nowadays.. my brain can't process words as fast as i'm reading them, so it just 'decides' to fill in the blank.. I've NEVER had this problem before I decided to taper off of benzos.  my reading comprehension is in the shitter too, which is what i realized last summer - and i knew instinctively that it was the clonazepam, so I decided to get off of it. 

i mean, how can we learn anything (and be productive) if we can't read and comprehend new material, or (regarding short term memory loss) if we can't remember how we were shown to do something??

I pray to be able to read and learn like i used to.. i can't imagine a life w/o the ability to read.. like i said, last summer i was on benzos and i finally admitted to myself that i couldn't retain anything anymore.. that was intolerable to me, so i've gone through all the tapering pain and the w/d, to hopefully read again someday! i guess it will take more time.. tomorrow's my 90 days off of benzos.. good luck Crazy Pants! - Eric

haha I have to laugh because this happened to me too. I couldn't spell nothing! I am getting better but I am in a bit of a fog lately :idiot:

CrazyPants,

I have exactly what you describe. I feel like an idiot when I'm trying to read my kids a simple childrens book and I can barely get through that without screwing it up. I feel like I've lost my intelligence in so many ways.

Count me in gang.  Sometimes after looking the word up in a dictionary it still looks wrong.  I also find it difficult to read. 

I

ok  :crazy:all with this problem, I think we can look at this as a sign of healing! if we didn't have this problem when we were drugged up and we have it now; I believe our brains are readjusting and for now things are a bit screwy! we will sepll again !

C.P exactly what I experience whenever I write something on this site.I have to go back and use spell check lots!!Used to be a writer now i have the motto"keep it simple"because things do get mixed up.In my head what I am writing makes sense but when I see what comes out Blahahaha.Thanks for sharing your stuff!!!!wen :)

I started having this problem once I became addicted to benzos and even before C/T.  My spelling became really bad right before and shortly after cold turkey. It's gotten better but I find, when I'm writing, I will often invert letters in a word; like starting a word with the second letter instead of the first.

Another thing is that my memory for faces has really gotten bad. I used to remember faces before benzo's. Now if I meet somebody new I won't remember their face the next day. It's a little embarrassing to reintroduce myself to someone I have already met just a few days prior. My brains are like scrambled eggs.

Yes, it makes me feel stupid, because I used to speak several languages and now I cannot even speak/write my mother tongue properly