Vodka not dissolving Klonopin

[on...]

I've started my micro taper 6 days ago.  I had been taking .125 twice a day and once I started my titration, I've have gone from 12.5 to 11.4 in those 6 days.  Let's just say I'm feeling it and thinking I need to slow down....with that said, my klonopin isn't fully dissolving in the vodka, so I might just be getting inaccurate doses every time. 

I put a .5 pill in a 50ml plastic bottle you can get at a local pharmacy with enough vodka to cover the pill (I don't mind there being more vodka than necessary as alcohol isn't really causing me many side effects.)  The pill then breaks up, disintegrates and settles at the bottom.  I then apply the water to get my 50ml solution.  It never dissolves and when you shake the bottle, you can see the klonopin suspending in the bottle. 

After reading the water titration w/vodka thread, it seems as it should be fully dissolved. 

Can anyone help please?  ;D

Does the pill break up into a zillion tiny pieces?  If that happens in the alcohol the K is dissolving and what you see is filler.  Most of a .5mg K pill is filler.  The entire pill weighs about 170mg, but the K weighs only .5mg of that, so 169.5mg is filler.  That's 99.7%.

You might want to use more water.  I saw some new data recently that suggests the data we have is optimistic about the solubility of K in water.  The data conflicts and we don't know which is right so to be safe using 200ml might be a good idea.  OTOH, if what you are doing is working then it works.  Just thought I should mention this.

Does the pill break up into a zillion tiny pieces?  If that happens in the alcohol the K is dissolving and what you see is filler.  Most of a .5mg K pill is filler.  The entire pill weighs about 170mg, but the K weighs only .5mg of that, so 169.5mg is filler.  That's 99.7%.

You might want to use more water.  I saw some new data recently that suggests the data we have is optimistic about the solubility of K in water.  The data conflicts and we don't know which is right so to be safe using 200ml might be a good idea.  OTOH, if what you are doing is working then it works.  Just thought I should mention this.

Yes, the pill breaks up into tiny little pieces...i wish it would dissolve as well just to give me peace of mind when I'm taking it. 

So far the symptoms are hitting me hard on day 5 and six.  Is my taper to fast?  I breezed down to .25  from 1mg and held for a month just for the sake of making sure I was stable. 

Did you ever take Dramamine for the dizziness and derealization?

SG57-can you elaborate on the following comment please: "You might want to use more water.  I saw some new data recently that suggests the data we have is optimistic about the solubility of K in water.  The data conflicts and we don't know which is right so to be safe using 200ml might be a good idea".

Are saying new data shows it is soluble in water? And why 200ml? I currently use 100ml.

And I have never tried Dramamine...a ton of other supplements and other things, though. Most made things worse...but everyone is different so you try and see what does and doesn't work...best of luck...and in my humble opinion the cut seemed a little big-but again-we are all different and can tolerate different cuts...just listen to your body :-)

Yes, the pill breaks up into tiny little pieces...i wish it would dissolve as well just to give me peace of mind when I'm taking it. 

So far the symptoms are hitting me hard on day 5 and six.  Is my taper to fast?  I breezed down to .25  from 1mg and held for a month just for the sake of making sure I was stable. 

Did you ever take Dramamine for the dizziness and derealization?

If symptoms are up I'd say hold and get rid of them.  Your body is telling you it is too much.

I never used dramamine.

SG57-can you elaborate on the following comment please: "You might want to use more water.  I saw some new data recently that suggests the data we have is optimistic about the solubility of K in water.  The data conflicts and we don't know which is right so to be safe using 200ml might be a good idea".

Are saying new data shows it is soluble in water? And why 200ml? I currently use 100ml.

And I have never tried Dramamine...a ton of other supplements and other things, though. Most made things worse...but everyone is different so you try and see what does and doesn't work...best of luck...and in my humble opinion the cut seemed a little big-but again-we are all different and can tolerate different cuts...just listen to your body :-)

New data found for K says it is less soluble in water than we thought.  I'm skeptical because the number is much lower than the previous and not in line with the other benzos.  So now we have two numbers that disagree.  If what you are doing is working then that is the best data of all.

I've started my micro taper 6 days ago.  I had been taking .125 twice a day and once I started my titration, I've have gone from 12.5 to 11.4 in those 6 days.  Let's just say I'm feeling it and thinking I need to slow down....with that said, my klonopin isn't fully dissolving in the vodka, so I might just be getting inaccurate doses every time. 

I put a .5 pill in a 50ml plastic bottle you can get at a local pharmacy with enough vodka to cover the pill (I don't mind there being more vodka than necessary as alcohol isn't really causing me many side effects.)  The pill then breaks up, disintegrates and settles at the bottom.  I then apply the water to get my 50ml solution.  It never dissolves and when you shake the bottle, you can see the klonopin suspending in the bottle. 

After reading the water titration w/vodka thread, it seems as it should be fully dissolved. 

Don't use plstic it absorb Benzodiazepines , always use glass containers.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Well isn't that just spectacular.  Not like I didn't have enough things on my plate with getting the perfect dosage, etc, etc, etc!  Thanks for sharing though.  I wondering what percentage is really absorbed. 

Well isn't that just spectacular.  Not like I didn't have enough things on my plate with getting the perfect dosage, etc, etc, etc!  Thanks for sharing though.  I wondering what percentage is really absorbed.

Hi onewhofishes  :hug: I've just checked and  klonopin is okay In plastic, its Diazepam we have to be careful with, :)

Also, I took a dramamine yesterday evening and it seemed to help that tension headache and dizziness.  My critical thinking skills are still somewhere between Mexico and Canada, but at least I could see straight for a couple of hours  :)

The only "plastic" that has been shown to absorb benzos is PVC (polyvinyl chloride)  This is a soft, flexible plastic often used for IV bags and tubes, rarely, if ever, used for containers.

Roxane's liquid benzos are dispensed from the factory in "plastic" bottles.  My Diazepam Oral Solution comes from the mfgr in HDPE (high density polyethylene) plastic bottle, and has a 3 year shelf life.

I take Dramamine for the dizziness all the time and it really helps me.

I am just starting a liquid taper tomorrow. I am using vodka and having the same issue, very, very fine almost powder like particles do not dizzolve, even in 250 ml of water with the 6 original ml of vodka.

I am psyching myself out here!!!

Thanks,

Beth

I take Dramamine for the dizziness all the time and it really helps me.

I am just starting a liquid taper tomorrow. I am using vodka and having the same issue, very, very fine almost powder like particles do not dizzolve, even in 250 ml of water with the 6 original ml of vodka.

I am psyching myself out here!!!

Thanks,

Beth

One more time...those are insoluble binders, fillers, or other inactive ingredients; they are NOT the benzo.

Your tablet is probably less than 2% actual benzo, the rest is inactive ingredients.  The benzo will dissolve, but some of the other ingredients may not.

Nothing to worry about.