Somehow losing 5cc with tapering using PG/water. Can u help?!

[he...]

This is SO strange.

I'm using PG w/ water for K taper. Pill is 1mg.

399cc water, 1 cc PG, 100cc reduction to leave me

w/ 300cc for 3 daily doses of 100cc each (.75mg daily total.)

Here's the thing. Tested measuring cup, using 60cc the 400ml

on the measuring cup was spot on.

I pulled 100cc for reduction- to get to 300cc in measuring cup.

Yet when I pull 60cc + 40cc (100cc total) using 60cc syringe to fill each dosage cup (total 3) I'm missing 5 ccs. I've done it twice.

My husband did the same w/ plain water- same result.

Where is that much liquid going?

I'm an RN, surely know how to fill up a syringe. Is the syringe wrong? Can't be...

DON'T want an unintended 5cc reduction.

What on earth are we doing wrong? This is basic stuff.

Hubby just did this w/ water alone- came out perfectly.

Does the pill itself have to do w/ this?

Anyone? Thanks much!  PG only sat in 1ml for less than an hour but pill was completely liquified.

If it worked without the pill, it has to have something to do w/ the pill.  Smart people, this must be something basic. Thx in advance!

It sounds like your measuring cup and your syringe disagree.  That's not uncommon.  Use the syringe as your standard and mark the cup to whatever the syringe says is the right volume.  Neither of them need to be correct.  As long as you consistently use the same scale it will be fine.

Thanks, SG- just seeing your response now.

I used the syringe all the way through- if no pill, no issue- with pill, it's off.

SO, going w/ far less liquid and just trusting my pulls as I use the same syringe consistently.

Thanks for your response.

I have same issue...seems there is no consistency across the board...one day I think I spent two hours measuring and obsessing over the differences between ML containers and different syringes....